IntelliChlor add salt red light is on with plenty of salt

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
My Pentair IC40 has the red, add salt, light on steady and I have taken two readings with the Taylor Salt Test Kit that says the salt is at 3600 (18 drops). Any ideas what I can do to correct this issue?

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
Don't have an Easytouch, my pool guy gave me the cheap one that doesn't show the salt level. I only have the one salt light that will be either green, red or flashing red. Mine is solid red.

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
Not real scientific, but I haven't lost any since yesterday. Chlorine is 4.5 ppm and I have not added any. I would think that if by tomorrow it still is up around 4.5 ppm I could assume it is producing.

openpool

Jun 29, 2010
TT
Don't want to sound like "it" but...

Have you tried turning it off and on again since adding the salt?

Took me a few minutes to realise that after I saw the red light and added a ton load of salt I had to power cycle for it to re-read the salt content.

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
I added salt (two 40 lb bags) about a week ago. Since then it has turned off and on several times with the timer. I am going to try cleaning it in the next couple of days.

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
UPDATE: I cleaned the cell, which really did not look dirty. I also unplugged the cell from the power center and plugged it back in while the power center was off (not sure this would do anything). Anyways, all is better, reading good now.