Intellicenter Wifi - No equals sign on password keyboard

Georock42

Mar 8, 2021
North Texas / DFW
Long story short, we recently had a pool built and it came with the Pentair Intellicenter. When trying to hook it up to our wifi we discovered there is no = key on the keypad. There is an = in our password, so we cannot get it to connect to our main network. I made a sub network for the time being, but would like to get it onto our main one at some point. And I'm not going to go around to every single device and remove the = from the password.

My question: Is it possible to program the bridge directly to connect to our network? Or do I have to use the Intellicenter panel to set it up? I may just drop a new ethernet line if it is the latter.

I know @MyAZPool is the resident expert. I've gone through all of his posts, but haven't seen anything that addresses this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Geo

Add an access point for $30, connect it to that. Then connect the access point to your network. Or if your router have a guest network, if so use that to connect.
I tried the guest network, but my goal is to eventually tie it into home assistant. My understanding is that to do that, they need to be on the same network, for POST and GET requests.

I was going to try to avoid buying additional equipment and just use the EnGenius access point that it came with. Surely the EnGenius can handle an =?

@Georock42
Man, Pentair is so lame. You're right. Not there. Why am I not surprised.
I can't think of a workaround. It you have to move it from the subnet that it is currently on, to your main network for home assistant, then you might just have to change your password on your router and spend hours changing the password on every device. :rant: I get it...
I guess you could try calling tech support but I don't hold out much hope on that front.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
r...

• Haha
Reactions: Georock42
Some routers allow you to disable network segmentation between your “Internal” network and the guest network allowing connectivity between the two. If you are not using the guest network you might want to look in to that.

Something to consider. I may try to program the engenius directly as well. If I'm able to I'll post how to do it. It should just be a client bridge, I would think. The Intellicenter shouldn't know if it's hard wired or not, unless they have it locked down somehow.

So, I ended up creating a new SSID and connected to it. A hybrid of @joboo7777 solution. I tried to hardwire the equipment, but it wouldn't pull the correct gateway and when I switched to static and set everything up, it would pull an IP, I could see it on the network, but I couldn't ping it, and it never would transmit any data. It was weird, when switching back to DHCP it would pull what appeared to be a hard wired gateway. Anyway, it is working now. It shouldn't be this difficult to hook some equipment up to your wifi. Especially when an ESP32 costs $5 and can send everything over MQTT to their servers.

Thank you for all of the help, everyone!

-Geo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.