IntelliCenter Upgrade Kit 5522046 or ScreenLogic 522104 Interface for mobile digital devices

Longhorngal06

Apr 16, 2020
Houston, TX
I'm a newbie around here. We currently have the Intellitouch system i7+3 with a local LCD display controller wall-mounted in our house (the pool was installed around 2005). We are trying to do away with the LCD controller and move entirely to using the mobile app on our iPhones.

I am pretty sure I can accomplish this with the ScreenLogic 522104 Interface for mobile digital devices. However, today I stumbled across the IntelliCenter Upgrade Kit. The description reads:
PART NUMBERS 522045, 522046, 523218 - LEGACY SYSTEMS MANUFACTURED PRIOR TO 2012 AND INCLUDE:
  • Outdoor control panel
  • i10P / i10PS / i10D personality board, shared equipment (board depends on P/N ordered)
  • Transformer bracket assembly
  • Wireless antenna kit
My question: do I need to upgrade my Intellitouch system to i10? What are the advantages? Also, if I do use the upgrade kit to upgrade the personality board, do I still need to install the ScreenLogic?

Or can I simply keep my old personality board (i7+3) and still have a robust mobile digital interface using the ScreenLogic?

Thanks!

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

ScreenLogic costs about $500 bucks.. and a DIY install.

Upgrading to the IntelliCenter has got to be at least a $1,000 bucks and maybe much more... and depending on your skills, may require a professional install.

If your current system has been working for you, there is really no reason to upgrade to the IntelliCenter. If I were building a new pool today, I would for sure use the IntelliCenter. But for 99% of the current EasyTouch and IntelliTouch users there are very few reasons to upgrade.

I have an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic and it works great.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Longhorngal06
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.