Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

I have recently installed an IPS8 system and it's working fine except it doesn't seem to adjust for DST time right. I've got it set to get the time from the internet and it's indicating an hour later than actual time. Please see the screen captures below. Time as of the last screen capture was 11:36 am. Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks.

Chris

1573058118193.png
1573058229497.png

Most of Arizona does not follow DST so our resident IntelliCenter expert @MyAZPool has probably never seen this.

Chris,

Since you are getting your time off the local internet why do you need to adjust for DST?? It should automatically be correct..

I'd uncheck the box and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Chris,

Since you are getting your time off the local internet why do you need to adjust for DST?? It should automatically be correct..

Internet time synchs give you GMT and the device needs to adjust for local time zone. That is why his screen shot has him specifying his time zone.

Chris,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
That's what I thought. So I left it unchecked. But it didn't change with dst so I checked auto... to my surprise it idn't make any difference. So I've with the time settings and find that the "auto adjust dst" box does nothing regardless if I set time manually or automatically in the advanced settings. I ended up setting time manually and it's correct now. But dst function doesn't seem to do anything. I pressed save after each change and it makes no difference.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

What Firmware version are you running?
r.
r,

Here's the about section:
Panel Configuration: SHARED BODY
Web Client Version: 1.042 b1 October 19, 2019
Web Server Version: 1.0.0.22
THW Version: IC: 1.023 , ICWEB:12-13-2018 0.88.37

Installation was a breeze and I consider this issue a minor inconvenience. I would like to determine if it's operator error and if not, report it so they can fix it. Is there an new version that you know of?

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reboot! That’s my standard first thing to try with everything technology. Not sure it will work for you, but worth a try.

Pentair programming is ludicrous. That check box probably just adjusts the displayed time is by an hour when DST occurs. Since the box wasn't checked at the time, the clock wasn't adjusted.

Leave the box checked and when spring comes I bet it adjusts. I saw the same thing happen with my IntelliTouch and it seems that Pentair just wrapped the old programming in a new package with a wifi connection.

Pentair programming is ludicrous. That check box probably just adjusts the displayed time is by an hour when DST occurs. Since the box wasn't checked at the time, the clock wasn't adjusted.

Leave the box checked and when spring comes I bet it adjusts. I saw the same thing happen with my IntelliTouch and it seems that Pentair just wrapped the old programming in a new package with a wifi connection.
That would make sense. Shouldn't be hard to fix but it sounds like it's been this way for a long time.

Thanks!

r,

Here's the about section:
Panel Configuration: SHARED BODY
Web Client Version: 1.042 b1 October 19, 2019
Web Server Version: 1.0.0.22
THW Version: IC: 1.023 , ICWEB:12-13-2018 0.88.37

Installation was a breeze and I consider this issue a minor inconvenience. I would like to determine if it's operator error and if not, report it so they can fix it. Is there an new version that you know of?

Thanks for the reply.

Chris
Hi Chris,
Please see my PM regarding this.
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.