Long Island , NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Thanks everyone for prior advice on equipment.

I have an Intellicenter with IC60 on order. Automated equipment will be Intelliflo, IC60, Gulfstream Heat Pump and incandescent pool light.

I am having an electrician run new conduit with #4 Cu to attach to Intellicenter load center. He will install a breaker and wire heat pump.
A Pentair GFCI breaker will power pump and IC60.

For the Intellicenter system transformer what breaker should be used? Single pole breaker? Should it be GFCI?

Thank you for the help.

J,

The system transformer does not need a GFCI breaker.. It can be wired for 120 VAC or 240 VAC.. I can't see wasting a breaker slot, so wiring with 120 VAC makes the most sense to me.

I am not a fan of running the IntelliFlo and the SWCG's transformer off of the same GFCI breaker.. You can do it, but then if it pops you don't know if it is a pump issue or a SWCG issue. Plus you can't turn the cell off by itself if needed.

I have my SWCG on its own 240 VAC breaker.. No GFCI is required. Could also run the SWCG's transformer off of 120 VAC, but in this case I like the 240 VAC better..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you. I want to save space so will probably use regular 120 VAC breakers for system and swg. The 240 VAC GFCI breaker will only be for vs pump.
What was reason you used 240 for swg?

Thanks again!

J,

The Initial install was done by my pool builder and he used the same 240 VAC GFCI breaker to power both the IntelliFlo and the SWCG. I redid the wiring and just left the transformer set up for 240 VAC..

If I ever need to add another breaker, I will have to rewire the SWCG for 120 VAC..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.