Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello, when my PB setup my IntelliCenter schedule (pool installed last fall), they just created a single 24/7 schedule for pool/heater.
pool-schedules.png
I'm looking to make some changes and could use some help. What I'd like to have is 3 schedules for my pump:
  1. "Day" 8am-6pm, specific RPM, heater enabled
  2. "Evening" 6pm-9pm, specific RPM, heater disabled
  3. "Night" 9pm-8am, specific RPM, heater disabled
I've read this very informative thread and I think I know what I have to do but have a few questions and would like to confirm what I'm thinking is correct. Here are my current circuits/pumps/other equipment screens:
pool-other-equipment.pngpool-pumps.pngpool-circuits.png
My first question is what exactly are the current "Pool" and "Heater" circuits that are attached to my pump? I see "Pool" listed under "Aux-Circuits", is this kind of a default circuit? I don't see a "Heater" circuit configured anywhere, is this just available because I have a heater configured? I do notice that regardless of what the "Pool" pump speed is, when the heater is on, the "Heater" speed takes precedence. This isn't a problem (I like this), I am just curious.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing:
  1. Create "Evening" and "Night" feature circuits
  2. Add the above new circuits to my pump and configure the desired RPM for each
  3. Adjust the "Pool" circuit on my pump to my desired "day" RPM
  4. Adjust my current schedule (Pool) to only run between 8am and 6pm (keep "Heat Source: Heater")
  5. Add an "Evening" schedule, choose my "Evening" feature circuit, configure to run between 6pm and 9pm, and choose "Heat Source: OFF"
  6. Add a "Night" schedule, choose my "Night" feature circuit, configure to run between 9pm and 8am, and choose "Heat Source: OFF"
Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I should create a "Day" feature circuit for my Day schedule. How would that affect my "Pool" circuit?

I hope someone can help, thanks!
Kevin

Reactions: jaythomas19
After fiddling a bit, I discovered I can only choose a schedule "Heat Source" if the circuit is "Pool". That throws a wrench in my above idea...

I've created a "Vacuum" feature circuit that is shown as a feature. I will turn this on whenever I'm vacuuming. I added to my pump with a higher RPM than "Pool" and notice it takes priority (just like "Heater"). So I guess the highest RPM of a feature or schedule wins?

Here's what I'm now thinking:
  1. Create "Day", "Evening", and "Night" feature circuits
  3. For the current "Pool" circuit on my pump, set to a very low RPM - it should never be used (alternatively, should I just remove this circuit?)
  4. Add "Day"/"Evening"/"Night" schedules using their respective feature circuits with my desired start/stop times
  5. Adjust the current "Pool" schedule to match my "Day" schedule's stop/start times (it's only purpose will be to heat the pool)
Only slightly annoying thing is since schedules can't have their name customized, "Pool" will actually mean "Heat".

Reactions: jaythomas19
In case anyone finds this in the future, my comment directly above worked for me but with a minor adjustment:
  1. Create "Day" and "Evening" feature circuits (no "Night")
  3. For the current "Pool" circuit on my pump, set to the RPM I desire for "Night"
  4. Add "Day"/"Evening" schedules using their respective feature circuits with my desired start/stop times
  5. Adjust the current "Pool" schedule to match my "Day" schedule's stop/start times (it's only purpose will be to heat the pool)
  6. Add a new schedule using the "Pool" circuit that has the opposite time as the other "Pool" schedule - this one has "Heat Source: OFF"
I've been running this for a few weeks and it works well. I do have 2 schedules called "Pool" but when displaying, I can see the two different start/stop times. Quick summary of my schedule:
  1. 8am-5pm: Pool schedule with heat
  2. 8am-5pm: Day schedule (high RPM) - overlaps with #1
  3. 5pm-8am: Pool schedule w/o heat (low RPM)
  4. 5pm-9pm: Evening schedule (mid RPM) - overlaps with #3
I hope this can help someone else!

In case anyone finds this in the future, my comment directly above worked for me but with a minor adjustment:
  1. Create "Day" and "Evening" feature circuits (no "Night")
  3. For the current "Pool" circuit on my pump, set to the RPM I desire for "Night"
  4. Add "Day"/"Evening" schedules using their respective feature circuits with my desired start/stop times
  6. Add a new schedule using the "Pool" circuit that has the opposite time as the other "Pool" schedule - this one has "Heat Source: OFF"
I've been running this for a few weeks and it works well. I do have 2 schedules called "Pool" but when displaying, I can see the two different start/stop times. Quick summary of my schedule:
  1. 8am-5pm: Pool schedule with heat
  2. 8am-5pm: Day schedule (high RPM) - overlaps with #1
  3. 5pm-8am: Pool schedule w/o heat (low RPM)
  4. 5pm-9pm: Evening schedule (mid RPM) - overlaps with #3
I hope this can help someone else!
Hi Kevin. In spite nobody reply to you I want you to know your post was super useful for me as I realized a few important things for my setup out of it. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.