Intellicenter question

Rubono

Apr 26, 2019
Wake Forest, NC
We are at the final stages of building/designing an IG pool, rectangle shape 18 x36. In the original quote, we were given ET8 automation system but requested to have the
Intellicenter instead. PB obliged, but just informed me that I must have a Cat6 cable run out to the pool panel b/c Pentair has not yet released the wireless kit for this program.
Does this seem right? Thx in advance!

I am currently building a pool as well with Intellicenter, i see that it doesn't require an Ethernet cable but if i am able to run one is it advantageous? Do those who use it without the cable see delays? Thanks!
I can stream 4K video over my WiFi. IntelliCenter only needs to send very little data over WiFi. The short answer is, WiFi is fine.

Reactions: floridapoolfan
Wi-Fi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (522475Z): The Primary Client Bridge provides an optional wireless (Wi-Fi) interface between the IntelliCenter System mother card and the user’s wireless router or access point. The Wireless Client Bridge utilizes an 802.11 LAN protocol and incorporates an adjustable transmit power feature for longer distances. Components include Wi-Fi antenna, power module and power cable. The power cable from the power module plugs into the 2-pin 24V Wi-Fi Bridge connection provided in the upper left-hand corner of the i5P Mother Card.
This kit is included in several of the IntelliCenter bundled kits or can be purchased separately.
2020-02-08_20-03-41.jpg
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: guinness
I am currently building a pool as well with Intellicenter, i see that it doesn't require an Ethernet cable but if i am able to run one is it advantageous? Do those who use it without the cable see delays? Thanks!
My IntelliCenter is hard wired via Cat-5e to my router. However, there may be an advantage to utilizing the the Wi-Fi Primary Client Bridge. If you ever get a power-spike or surge in your ethernet (it happens), it could save your IntelliCenter by connecting via the Wi-Fi kit versus a wired connection.
r.

Last edited:
As I have said in the past... My neighbor took a large lightning hit and I got part to it.. It came into my house via the line between my EasyTouch and the house network.. Took out the ScreenLogic protocol adapter, the main ET board, the cable modem, an Ethernet switch and everything that was connected to that switch. I now use the wireless link... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As I have said in the past... My neighbor took a large lightning hit and I got part to it...

Link below to previous discussion for those interested.

Just adding to the conversation in case you need it. Mine came with the wifi bridge and works fine. The wired connection that goes to the bridge could be wired direct to your router if you want, but I have had no issues with the wireless connectivity. I have only had issues with the slightly buggy app when trying to configure the system so I normally just use the website to configure everything.
See wifi bridge mounted on top.
IMG_20200106_174241.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.