Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've had my pool for a few months now, and I still have my pool on a very basic schedule. It turns on at 6:30am and off at 10pm, and it doesnt specify a pump speed so it defaults to the last speed I used.

What I would like to do would be have it at various speeds during the day. For example, something like this:
6:30 am - 10:00 am - Pool 1600 RPMs
10:01 am - 11:00 am - Pool 2400 RPMs
11:01 am - 5:00 pm - Pool 1600 RPMs
5:01 pm - 10:00 pm - Pool 2000 RPMs

How would I do that? If helpful, below are a few screen shot of my app.

1575228807255.png

1575229066775.png

Attachments

• 1575228751611.png
    1575228751611.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
JJ,

The pages don't match, but I suspect it is just like the EasyTouch.. Each "Circuit" can be assigned a Speed.. Here is a list of my set up for reference.. It appears you have your Pool circuit set to an RPM of 1600 and your Spa circuit set for an RPM of 2800...

If you want to have various speeds for the Pool, you would set your Pool circuit to the minimum speed you want, let's say 1200 RPM, you would then use a Feature Circuit called Skim Low (or whatever you want) and then assign a speed of say 1500, and then use another Feature circuit and call the Skim High and set that for 2000... If you look at my set up it should relate well to your set up page..

Please let me know of this does not make any sense and we'll get someone that knows what they are talking about...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Ok, I added a few circuits (skim high, skim low) to go along with my existing circuit of Pool, and was able to make a schedule that changes the pump speed as I want it through the day. However, I notice that my IC40 shuts off when it gets to the skim high/skim low circuits and only runs during the Pool circuit. Any ideas? Do I have to add the new skim high/low to a circuit group to run in conjunction with the pool circuit?

1575579873161.png

1575579909431.png

jj,

That is because you are shutting off the pool and turning on the skim high or low.. That is not how it works.. Set your pool to the lowest speed you want, say 1200, and then do not shut of off, just turn on skim low and it will go to that speed and then turn on skim high and it will go to that speed.. If you have more than one speed, the pump will always run the fastest speed.

Jim R.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Ok, thanks. I bumped the pool down to 1400 rpms and have that running 24 hours a day, then added 2 sessions of the skim high circuit. We will see how that works.

Do I also need to schedule the spa to run for a few minutes too?

JJ,

If you have your spa constantly over flowing into the pool then there is no special reason to run the spa.. If your spa does not overflow into the pool all the time, then you need to flush the old water out, once or twice a day for 30 minutes or so.. The bigger the spa the longer you need to run.. The spa mode will not do this.. You have to run the "Spillover" mode... With the EasyTouch, you have to set up the spillover mode, I am not sure about the IntelliCenter.. If you don't see the "Spillover" circuit in your drop down list, you will have to set it up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.