Intellicenter: No Ethernet cable detected

mkmkmkmk

Dec 31, 2013
Northridge, CA
Hi all

I have an intellicenter bundled with the WiFi module. I’ve tried multiple Ethernet cables between the board/power module and between power module/antenna (to the poe port). I’ve tried to reseat the power cable from both ends. The lights on the Ethernet ports never light up. When I go to configure network the display shows No Ethernet cable detected.
Any advice?

Thanks!

Just to make sure I understand, you have used multiple Ethernet cables plus the short power cable has been reversed, correct? If so, I would CAREFULLY check voltage at the end of the two wire cable and at the board connector. If you're not getting power at the board call customer service. If at the board but not at cable end may be a cable issue, might be helpful to know before you call customer support. Diagram below for clarification. Be very careful checking the board connector. It's easy to short the connection accidentally.

Chris

1587735156801.png

I've tried multiple known-good cables from Power Module <-> Wireless Antenna and Power Module <-> Main Board. I've unplugged and re-plugged (same orientation) the short power cable to the main board, just to make sure it had contact. No rotation (it was factory installed).

No voltage on the main board for the 2 pins (power module cable). Also the LED directly below it is off. LV Breakers seem fine.
If no voltage (should be 24Vdc) at the Wi-Fi bridge pins, then certainly sounds as if a possible MotherCard problem and per ajw22 and setsailsoon, probably should be addressed with Pentair Tech Support as a warranty issue. They should have the applicable script to walk you through troubleshooting steps first and if troubleshooting is not successful should schedule a warranty tech to come out and replace.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.