IntelliCenter and MasterTemp 400 Communication

RobertFlagg

Gold Supporter
Feb 4, 2020
Roseville, Ca
Hi all, I have been researching the forums to find out the proper way to establish communications between the intellicenter and the mastertemp. The instructions are not 100% clear and I wanted to get some advice on the proper way to hook them together. I believe you just remove the jumper at the fireman's switch on the heater and run the two wires to the heater com port on the intellicenter board. Is that correct? Any polarity issues? Does anyone have pictures?

Thanks

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011

The firemans switch is the two center bottom terminals with the yellow wires on the block below the Fenwal box. The right terminal has the fuse. You remove the jumper and run a wire from one fireman's switch terminal to the one connection of the J19 terminal in Easytouch and then a wire from the other J19 terminal back to the other fireman's switch terminal or similar connections in otehr automation controllers.

EasyTouch Control System: Insert the conductors into the GAS HEATER two-screw terminals (J19) on the motherboard.

IntelliTouch Control Personality circuit board: Insert the two conductors into the GAS HEATER (J30) two-screw terminal on the left side of the Personality circuit board.

On the inside of the door to the automation box there should be a diagram that shows the two terminal connection labeled "Gas Heater".

RobertFlagg

Gold Supporter
Feb 4, 2020
Roseville, Ca
Got it done, once I figured out where that Fenwal box was, it was easy to cut and splice into the fireman switch jumper. In the manual it mentioned a three wire communication option between the IntelliCenter and the heater. Anyone do that? Is it worth it?