Intellibrite w/EasyTouch in pool and spa on 2 functions, cant figure out how to set to 2 colors or use the "config" setting

wtfbliz

Oct 5, 2020
AZ
Hi all,

I currently have a pool light and a spa light, both are intellibrite, both are set to intellibrite and assigned to the pool and spa light function on EasyTouch.

I have been trying to do some type of red and green cycling opposite between the pool/spa for xmas, but cannot figure out how to do this.

If I choose color set and pick a color it turns both on and sets to that color.
If I turn everything off and then go to config and set pool light to "position 1" magenta and set spa light to position 2 green... I cannot figure out how to actually make that work...

Ive read through the manuals and am too stupid to get it apparently.

They have shown different colors before, but accidentally and I cannot repeat it.

bliz,

I am not sure I can help, but want to confirm that you have the pool light being controlled by one Aux circuit and the spa light on a different Aux circuit.. Meaning you can turn on one light or the other light and that they both do not come on at the same time.

This would also mean you have two light transformers..

Thanks,

Jim R.

bliz,

I am not sure I can help, but want to confirm that you have the pool light being controlled by one Aux circuit and the spa light on a different Aux circuit.. Meaning you can turn on one light or the other light and that they both do not come on at the same time.

This would also mean you have two light transformers..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim. Yep I am able to manually turn one or both on individually, but when I try to set a color say on the pool light while that circuit is on, the system automatically turns both circuits on and sets to that color.

I can't figure out how to separately set a color for each. I also have no idea how to make the "config" setting active with a color, position, and delay, or exactly how that works

Bliz,

I have a white lights because I wanted my lights to last more than a microsecond... :mrgreen:

I just wanted to make sure you had the right set up, which it sounds like you do.. Let's see if we can get some help.. Calling @MyAZPool and @bdavis466 and see what they say..

Playing with my EasyTouch it seems you have to set circuit function to IntelliBrite and then assign each light a position number ( position 1 for say pool and position 2 for spa). Then go to the lights page and turn on just the pool light and set the color you want. Turn off the pool light and turn on the spa light and set the color just for the spa light.

That should as least get you to the point when you turn on the pool it is say Red, and while the Spa light is say Green.

Let's see if we can get someone with color lights to step up with answer for you..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you the lights on separate switches? If not what ever color you pick is the color they all will be. I asked the PB about that and we ended up having the lights on seperate programs. I cant find pictures of the light different colors. My system is shut down so I cant shoot a few screen shots of the app to walk you through it.

Last edited:
Ok had a eureka moment...

Both the pool and spa light in the easytouch are set up as "INTELLIBRITE", which they are... but I believe this is what is tripping up the easytouch. When i change one light the other one lights up and vice versa and treats them as the same thing. Once I changed the spa light to a different type of light (SAM light in my case) I now instantly could set each light a different color independently.

I dont know if this is the proper way to do it, because they are both intellibrites, but I dont think the easytouch likes it when you set multiple lights as the same intellibrite type

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.