Intelichlor ic40 help

Apr 11, 2017
Houston tx
I have a intelichlor ic40 swg it's saying clean cell. I have cleaned the cell multiple times and when I plug it back in it will read no errors. By the next day it says clean cell again. Is there something else that could be causing this?

Cold water cutoff is about 52 degrees Fahrenheit. The Intellichlor does have temperature compensation. Pentair recommends that the unit not be used under 60F.

At 60F, or above, the cell should work as long as the salinity is sufficient.

What is the cell version?

Press and hold the increase output button for about 3 seconds (display lights will flash) and the release the button. After the flashing lights the output indicator will illuminate 1-5 lights. This will give you a rough indication of how many hours are on the cell. 1 light 2000+ hours, 2 lights, 4000+ hours, etc.
I have yet to see an IC40 still working after 6000+ hours (not saying it can't happen!).
The flow/temp sensor can also go bad and give that "check cell" light. They are replaceable and certainly less expensive than a new cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M,

Did you try the trick/test that HawaiiPoolguy suggested above? Press the "more" button for 4 seconds and release.. This will tell you how much of the cell life has been used..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.