Installing new Semi-Inground AGP

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
Hey Everyone - been around here for a few years - currently have an Intex XTR 18' setup. It's a solid block of ice, but it was always just a test pool to make sure we actually wanted to have a pool. After two seasons it's time to go perminent, mostly so I can backfull and landscape up to the pool. It's about half covered by my deck, but the area I dug with a mini-excavator is slightly larger than needed, and needs to be filled in.

Anyways - I ordered a 18'/52" Signature RTL pool from ThePoolFactory - 18'x52" Signature RTL Round Pool | Semi Inground Pools
Went with a lot of the install accessories - the foam cove, the bottom liner, the inner foam liner for the walls, etc -

Any tips for getting the new pool installed? It's obvioulsy quite a bit more involved vs the Intex type pools, so any tips would be helpful. Thanks!

This is the current situation -
Pool2.jpg

This is the area without the pool. I'm likely going to have to dig it up more as I want to put foam boards under the whole setup too.
Pool1.jpg

Reactions: BabyRooth

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I paid to have my permanent AGP leveled and installed... I just wasn’t up for the DYI! But if that spot is level, the hardest part is done!

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
I paid to have my permanent AGP leveled and installed... I just wasn’t up for the DYI! But if that spot is level, the hardest part is done!
it's level-ish enough for the Intex - but for long term install there are some spots i need to fix. Regardless, the whole surface will have to be dug up to put down the foam boards and blocks for the posts to sit on. Glad I have a grading laser level.

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
My installers used a bobcat to dig out and level. They got it done in no time, but wouldn't let me take a spin on the bobcat. 😡

kne

Gold Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Did you use pallet wrap to close your pool?

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
Did you use pallet wrap to close your pool?
Yea, something similar. Really just to try to keep the wind from getting under the cover and tearing up the edges. The pool is on the Northwest Corner of our Yard and winter in North Dakota has some hellish winter winds. It held up great too, very happy with it.

Reactions: kne

kne

Gold Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Pretty good idea. I thought for sure my winter cover was going to rip off last week, it looked like kids were paying parachute games with it.

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
What does everyone use to backfill their Semi-Inground Pools? Dirt? Sand? Something else? I'm going to top it with some sort of rock to catch any splashing etc.

Thanks!