Installing Intex Pool

eskimodia

Mar 20, 2021
Siofok, Hungary
Moved from here.
Hey guys, I've purchased the 16x32 pool and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. The garden is on the smaller side and I don't know how it will look being above ground. We could use a wood retaining wall to sink it into the ground, but were told that's a bad idea as even treated wood will rot in a few years...also in Hungary concrete is much cheaper than wood, so they said it would be best if we made the retaining wall with concrete blocks.. but if i do that i might as well build a real pool.... The third option is to only sink the pool 40cm into the ground and buy cheap paving slaps to place around it to retain the soil and build a wooden frame that we will clad with reed to make it more "square" looking. Which is more money, but I guess we already will have dug a bit fo the new proper pool we're planning on after.. Or screw it an we just put it up as is, but I'm just worried it will stick out a lot, plus i will need stairs with a decking at least on one side for us us to get in, i hate ladders. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, since you aren’t sure what you want, I would go with the least invasive and least expensive method for now, which is to install on the surface, and deal with the ladder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.