Inspect cell and low salt warnings

kbspool

May 30, 2019
Southwest Virginia
I have both a low salt and inspect cell warning. I took out the cell and cleaned it and salt is still at 2100 (t-15 Hayward cell) and inspect cell light is still on.

Question is - the pool store told me to add 160lbs of salt to my 25K gallon pool. Do I go ahead and do that or replace the cell first. Might the additional salt correct the inspect cell warning light? I bought the house a year ago, so no idea how old the cell is.

Thanks for any insight! I did add chlorine to keep the pool clean.

I would obtain my own salt test kit (Taylor K-1766) and trust it over what the device says. Devices lie.

Did the pool store test your cell? Find one that can.

Then I would determine for myself what my salt level is, and if I need more? Easy to add, horrible to have to remove.

Sometimes the device needs calibration... but if its making chlorine, I don't care what it tells me. I'm happy!

Only clean your cell when it actually needs it, to do it unnecessarily shortens the cell's lifespan enormously.

Maddie :flower:

What are the diagnostic readings?

Check the readings, then move the switch to off for a minute then back on and recheck the readings.

What are the first seven characters of the cell serial number?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.