INSNRG Qi 1100 Variable Speed Pump - Switches off after minutes

Guin

Feb 10, 2020
Calderwood, AUS
Hi all,

I have an INSNRG Qi 1100 Variable speed pump that's been playing up.

It switched itself off one day completely and wouldn't turn back on (looked dead). A day later it managed to turn back on but now it will only fire up for a few minutes before switching off... It seems like 2 or 3 minutes is the average run time before turning itself off.

I had to do a significant backwash after a big rain event here, the problems started the next day. I've re-primed the pump, removed blockages from the skimmer, changed the cartridges.

Any ideas what may be wrong? Or things to trouble-shoot.

Welcome to TFP.

What is the run time set for?

What does the display show when the pump shuts off after a few minutes?

Have you carefully examined the pump programming? Not what you think it is, but look at what is there now. Sometimes electronics glitches and settings get scrambled.

Check that you did not get water into the control panel or connectors. There seems to be lots of problems with pumps with electronic control panels with water getting into the screens or connectors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.