Inputs for Pool Math

ScottPS

Dec 20, 2020
Round Rock, TX
Howdy all,

I test Chlorine, pH and TA at home but go to the pool store once a month to get other results such as CH and CYA. I then use this info, along with temp, in Pool Math to calculate CSI. I have a couple of questions about the numbers I'm inputting.
1. The TA number from the pool store "has been adjusted due to the effect of CyA on tested Total Alkalinity". Pool Math already asks about CYA. So I entered the adjusted TA or the unadjusted TA in Pool Math?
2. The water temp by the time I get to the pool store has changed. I'm not sure if this affects the test results. Do I enter the water temp actually in my pool? Or do I enter the water temp at the time it was tested at the store?

Welcome to the forum!
It is much better to do all the tests yourself. The CH and CYA tests are the tests pool store get incorrect the most and by the largest errors.
Do not use 'adjusted' TA. You are doing your own TA test. Use that result.
Water temperature of the pool water in the pool.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hi! And welcome to TFP. Glad you found us.

+1 for Marty's advice. You won't find any support here for using test results from a pool store. And for good reason. Your "hybrid" MO is bound to fail, sooner or later. We have years and years of testimonials from 10s of 1000s of pool owners that corroborate that notion. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a proper test kit and do all your own testing. We recommend just a couple of test kits. If you use one of those, you can get some very helpful advice here about what to do with your test results.

The TFTestkits TF-100 is considered here to be the best bargain for a residential pool.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.