Input on new pool

Dromedarius

Nov 26, 2021
Arizona
Hi all -

I am new to the forum, have been lurking as I meet with PBs and get ideas and quotes. Here is what we have narrowed in on:

1640019246514.png
The idea is to be able to swim some laps, have a deep area for the kids to jump in at (not currently planning on a diving board but I have used the Pool Type 2 specs), have a place for small children to play, and possibly play some volleyball and/or basketball in the main area. Equipment is Pentair with SWG, LED lighting and automation. Not shown here is a sheer wall across from the spa.

Obviously the bigger the pool the more we can do with the space, and while backyard space is not an issue (2 1/2 acre lot), also don't want to make it bigger just for the sake of doing so with the penalty being cost.

Any input or things I should be thinking about or have possibly missed? I will post details on specifics of equipment once we have nailed down, but if I get those pointers now I can also make sure they are in our bid from the start. All feedback welcome!

My personal opinion is 40 feet is short for swimming laps. I have 52 feet and wish I had more, lol. Maybe price it like this and then ask how much it would cost to add more and decide from there.
Hi Kathy! Appreciate the feedback. I agree longer would be better, but I'm having to compromise as it's very possible I will be the only one in the family doing any laps (wife and 4 kids as well).

I really like your pool, so I'd like to know what are your typical uses. Are you mainly swimming laps, or are you doing other activities? Do you find 11 feet is wide enough? The PB is very straightforward on pricing so it's not hard for me to adjust my plan, but I'm also trying to cover a lot of ground as a lot of activity in the pool will center on kids playing.

Hi Kathy! Appreciate the feedback. I agree longer would be better, but I'm having to compromise as it's very possible I will be the only one in the family doing any laps (wife and 4 kids as well).

I really like your pool, so I'd like to know what are your typical uses. Are you mainly swimming laps, or are you doing other activities? Do you find 11 feet is wide enough? The PB is very straightforward on pricing so it's not hard for me to adjust my plan, but I'm also trying to cover a lot of ground as a lot of activity in the pool will center on kids playing.
Mostly swimming laps...occasionally just floating on a lounge chair. I don't have any kids so I only had myself and bf to think about. I have 11 feet at one end and 8 feet at the other end b/c we wanted to leave space for a future hot tub. I did it that narrow b/c I didn't have enough space to go wider. There is a lot of turbulence being that narrow so if I had the chance to do it over again, I would give up deck space to widen it.

Reactions: Dromedarius
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.