LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I recently installed an SWCG (Camilar CMARSHA40-3Y after seeing a good deal at $625), and it's working so well that I've forgotten about the Stenner pump I was using :) I have a 15-gallon drum with about 8 gallons of 12.5% liquid chlorine, and the question is -- is there any reason I can't just turn off the SWCG and inject from the Stenner (at appropriate rates of course) in front of the SWCG? I'm guessing the SWCG doesn't care if higher chlorine water is flowing through it (like it would if I was injecting acid), but thought I'd check.

I did add another tee after the SWCG with plans to eventually inject acid after, but I'd rather not move the injection point right now.

I recently installed an SWCG (Camilar CMARSHA40-3Y after seeing a good deal at $625), and it's working so well that I've forgotten about the Stenner pump I was using :) I have a 15-gallon drum with about 8 gallons of 12.5% liquid chlorine, and the question is -- is there any reason I can't just turn off the SWCG and inject from the Stenner (at appropriate rates of course) in front of the SWCG? I'm guessing the SWCG doesn't care if higher chlorine water is flowing through it (like it would if I was injecting acid), but thought I'd check.

I did add another tee after the SWCG with plans to eventually inject acid after, but I'd rather not move the injection point right now.

Why do you need to inject chlorine if you have a SWCG? 🤔

Likely to get rid of the 8 gallons he has left to get rid of it.

Exactly. I decided the SWCG couldn't care and did use up 5-6 gallons earlier this summer, down to a level that feels less wasteful :) Saving the rest for this first winter as I see how long the water's too cold for the SWCG (the water temp gets down to the mid 40s for a short time) and how much I liquid I end up injecting; that'll make it easier to get a regular jug or two next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.