Jun 28, 2014
Southern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I moved into a house about 6 months ago and am learning more about the pool/spa as the days go on. I noticed occasionally when you switch it to "spa" mode (spa suction / spa return) the jets are on but very very weak. I also have a tropic air blower (model number not visible) but when you turn that on not much happens in the spa. I tried to turn on the spa jets today and the jets were so weak you couldn't even tell they were on. I turned on the air blower and not much difference. The air blower has a circular hole on one side and you can feel a ton of air coming out of it. Shouldn't this air be sent to the spa jets instead of out the side of this device? I attached pictures of the air blower. Does the air blower just provide "extra" jet power when needed? Today just as a guess I covered this hole with my hand while the blower was on and viola the jets started working again. It almost seems like when I cover the hole the jets blow harder. Is this hole supposed to have some type of cap over it that I am missing? Any idea why the jets started working when I covered the escaping air out of this hole? I turned the blower off and the jets are still working fine now so I can't really tell a difference with the air blower on or off as the jets look the same.

Also, as a side note, is there an easy way for me to reseal the line in between the coping and the concrete around the pool and spa? It's coming off in about 3-4" long pieces all around the white coping where it meets the concrete.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 33
Is this hole supposed to have some type of cap over it that I am missing?

That hole should not be open. Duct tape something over it to close it.

Also, as a side note, is there an easy way for me to reseal the line in between the coping and the concrete around the pool and spa? It's coming off in about 3-4" long pieces all around the white coping where it meets the concrete.

That is your pool expansion joint. You need to scrape out the old sealant and put new flexible mastic in like....

Awesome thank you for the response. Is it open to allow you to plumb it to something else or to another blower maybe? Do you have any idea where I can find a cap? I have been looking but had to find parts for "tropic air" without a model #.

I am not sure what that port is for. I would just duct tape a piece of plastic or aluminum over it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.