Inground pool quote Kenosha

carfam5

Jan 29, 2020
Kenosha, WI
Hi everyone

Eeeek!! Help!! ?
We received a quote for our in ground pool,(see picture). Being as how we don’t know much about pools how does this look? Any suggestions? Also we would like to have a salt water pool... I’m so confused... I’ve looked through this site and we still can’t decide salt water vs chlorine (not just for us but also for the pump filter etc. I’m so nervous about the whole process and cost (after all it’s it as if we’re just spending $1500.00). Not sure if the questions to ask?

Attachments

• 7A5541DB-D49B-4DAE-B796-62D659C8A9BC.jpeg
    7A5541DB-D49B-4DAE-B796-62D659C8A9BC.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 93
If you want a salt water pool (good choice), tell your pool builder that and they should add that and remove the in-line chlorinator and Nature2 system (these are bad).

I quickly glanced through the items and liked the Robotic Cleaner and didnt see anything else that really jumped out. I'm sure others will chime in as well. Good luck.

Reactions: carfam5
Is that 2k for the robot? If so, ditch it and buy your own. Here's a thread with last years pricing on a few brands to compare: New M600 robot

-Cost of water and/or the quality of the water (if using a free source)
-Depth?
-I would also ask yourself about steps in the deep end and walk out steps (instead of the cake steps)
-Handrails?
-Landscaping after the build - just something else to add to the budget
-Additional/different permits for the concrete work - and how that will fit into the township inspection (if there is one)
-Fencing: just be sure the current fencing is in line with current pool fence code (they like to change them every so often)

Our pool is new so I can't comment on direct ownership with a SWCG, but it was a no brainer for us after reading 873 zillion posts. lol!

Woohoo, congrats!

If you want a salt water pool (good choice), tell your pool builder that and they should add that and remove the in-line chlorinator and Nature2 system (these are bad).

I quickly glanced through the items and liked the Robotic Cleaner and didnt see anything else that really jumped out. I'm sure others will chime in as well. Good luck.
Thank you! From my limited knowledge, we will need to get a sand filter?? I’m not sure if I posted this correct?? We don’t want to have to use chlorine (even though we were told salt water pools are basically chlorine). There’s such great information on here and yet so confusing (as if I’m reading/learning a new language lol)

I dont see any restrictions on the type of filter you can use, either Sand, DE, or Cartridge.

As you pointed out, a salt water pool makes its own chlorine, a "chlorine pool" you manually add the chlorine. Chlorine is the thing that kills the bad stuff, its just a difference in how the chlorine gets into your pool.

And the way a SWCG makes that chlorine is through the salt content in the water, which is kept higher than a regular manually-added chlorine pool. The salt level is usually about three times higher in a SWCG pool versus a non-SWCG pool that has been going for a while.

Regarding the filter, he is listing a sand filter (24" size). As Tex said, the type of filter is up to you. There are benefits/drawbacks to all three types. Here's a comparison article on the three types. Pool Filter Comparison - Trouble Free Pool You probably won't mind any type, though DE does require some special care the other two don't. For cartidge filters, the article mentions "tearing down" the filter to get to the cartridges. That is really only removing one bolt and a band, then lifting the cartridges out. Here's the picture of a cartridge. Pureline Cartridge for Hayward C3025 & C3020 (PA81) - PL0104 - INYOPools.com They last for a long time. Mine are the originals and are 7 seasons old. Mine has 4 of these. It takes 45 minutes once a year for me to clean them because my filter is appropriately large/oversized for my pool. I've never had the other two types but users of each tend to like them.

A Dolphin robot from Marina Pool and Spa (order by phone) costs from $700 - $1,500. Extra cost adds features like Bluetooth capabilities that are not required but some like them. I have the cheapest in-ground model, the S200 or Active 20 and love it. There is a link in my signature about them (very long thread).

One color LED light will be dim for that size pool on some color settings. Two is better to be sure you have enough light for your pleasure. Place them on the long side of the pool closest to the house to keep you from looking into them so much.

A 400K heater costs more up front but will heat the water proportionately quicker if that is of interest. No real difference difference in operational costs, just speed and up-front costs.

I like 2 skimmers for that surface area which are included. They only have 2 returns. I prefer 3 for that size. A little better circulation and flow to the skimmers is afforded by the extra return.

There’s such great information on here and yet so confusing (as if I’m reading/learning a new language lol)
First off..... welcome.
Second, There is no shame in coming back tomorrow and reading things again. It took me many attempts to get a grasp on the wealth of knowledge that seems overwhelming at first. (Almost a year later I am still learning). Go make a cup of coffee, Watch a movie, read it all again later. It will start to stick at some point. Ask any questions along the way and people who once were in your exact shoes will help you along.

Hi and welcome!

Here is one thing I caught-inline chlorinater with "Nature2 express".............get rid of both of these. Those "nature 2" systems can get expensive with the buying of their "packs" AND most of them add metal to the water! BAD for hair and liner-metals can stain over time :(

What are you going to do with the dirt that is dug out? I see they are not removing it. I hope you have plans for it.

Kim:kim:

Hi and welcome!

Here is one thing I caught-inline chlorinater with "Nature2 express".............get rid of both of these. Those "nature 2" systems can get expensive with the buying of their "packs" AND most of them add metal to the water! BAD for hair and liner-metals can stain over time :(

What are you going to do with the dirt that is dug out? I see they are not removing it. I hope you have plans for it.

Kim:kim:

Thank you for the feedback ? oh gosh and I color my hair so I don’t want it to ruin my hair ? or the liner. What would you recommend in place of the Nature2 express and in-line chlorinator?
We have decided to have them remove some of the dirt (waiting on an updated proposal)

What would you recommend in place of the Nature2 express and in-line chlorinator?
The easiest way to add chlorine to your pool water is with a SaltWater Chlorine Generator. In your climate, where the pool is only open a few months out of the year, you can consider just planning to use liquid chlorine added daily to the pool with the use of a floater and trichlor pucks when you will not be home for a few days or more.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like most of your equipment is difference brands. There is no issue with that unless you want automation (now or later). In that case, it is beneficial to stay with the same brand so everything plays nicely together. Ask your builder about automation and see what they offer. I would also suggest going with a saltwater pool. There is no down to a saltwater pool. Also I 2nd losing the mineral system. There is no bigger waste of money. Sand filters are a PITA do yourself a favor and switch to a cartridge filter.

I also suggest you change that heater to a 400k btu heater. Cost should be nominal but you will get much faster heating of the pool.

Do you plan on doing your own maintenance? We highly suggest it both to save money (lots of money) and more importantly to have clean, clear, properly sanitized water. Start a build thread with lots of pictures! Good luck are you on schedule to swim this season?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.