Infinity Pump No water coming into pump basket

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
I have an infinity edge pool and the pump itself sounds like it comes on and revs all the way up, but typically gushes of water are flowing into the basket from the "edge drain pipe" , and of course next to it is the vac line which is set to off. I've played with the valves to make sure i didnt screw it up, or the law people hit it etc.. but no matter what i do the water is not gushing into the basket like it usually does when the edge pump is priming and comes on. I took a picture of my edge pump, ill post shortly. I have taken apart the filter... cleaned it, filled the filter container with hose water, then stuck the garden hose down the basket pipe and shortly it all comes back and the basket fills to the top, i turn pump on, all water disappears... and since my hose cant keep up with the pumps need, it doesn't work, and nothing is coming from the pipe... something interesting is, usually unless i shut the valve off on that pipe when im cleaning the basket etc.. it non stop is trickling in... and now it's not at all.
I checked my trough level and water was fine, i have a service that just cleans the debri, since i live under tons of pine trees, i cant keep up during winter and he didnt report anything.20200126_165440.jpg

What is the elevation of the pump relative to the trough?
I don't know.probably 4 feet or so, it's been working fine for 3 years, however the impeller has been getting clogged and i've had to manually clean it with a screw driver from inside the basket area weekly.. I tried to do that today to see if that was an issue, and i didn't even feel anything, i swear previously i could feel anything, not that i know what i am looking for really, but could it be the impeller being completely clogged doing it?

If the basket is intact and installed correctly, the impeller should not be getting any debris.

Check the check valve to make sure that it's working properly.

Check the pump basket to make sure that it's installed properly and not damaged.

Clean and lubricate the lid O-ring.

Check the impeller and clean it if necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.