LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2011
Long Grove, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
For anyone looking for inexpensive CYA, eBay currently has a coupon (C20SPRING) for 20% off of (some/all?) pool chemicals. The coupon is good through March 27th.

I needed CYA this year so purchased a 25# pail from the following link. After the coupon it was 35.96 AND shipped free.

25 lbs # Stabilizer Cyanuric Acid Water Conditioner Swimming Pool UV Protection | eBay

This is the least expensive I have seen in a long time so I wanted to share with the rest of the group.

Regards,

Jay

griffths

15o87wj.jpg
for the post. My order's on the way. Will be interesting to compare the difference, if any, on the speed at which this brand's CYA dissolves in my Skimmer Sock vs the Home Depot brand that I've been using.

Thank you for the post also, I just ordered using that coupon code and it worked the same for me. I usually spend 60 dollars every spring to get my cya back up, once I use what I need for this year I will seal it up in a bucket for next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my eBay order today. The CYA came packaged in a plastic bag, with a cable tie to seal the top of the bag.

I transferred the CYA into an empty Trichlor Tab bucket that I had left over from the days before I switched to Bleach dosing.

The granules appear about 1/3 larger than the CYA product I've been using from Home Depot (HTH 4 lb brand).

The box didn't include a measuring scoop, not an issue as I use a pyrex kitchen 2-cup measuring cup for my CYA.

I haven't needed to add CYA for a while so am waiting to see how this product dissolves vs the HTH brand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.