Indoor pool light idea

dcmoser1952

Jul 24, 2015
Ligonier,IN
New to these forums. Hello to everyone. I have an indoor pool which my father put in 12 years ago as a fitness pool for my now deceased mother. He has since moved from his country home on our farm to a small town near here. I have moved into the house and landscaped the pool area in a tropical theme. I have overhead fluorescent lighting which are not dimmable, although I can turn on 4 at a time. There are 8. I would like to find a hanging globe type light to drop from the ceiling and be able to put maybe an orange or reddish bulb in to give a moon effect. Sometime at night I don't want the 4 lights on as it is plenty bright. I thought a hanging globe light would not only be not very bright being the only one in the room, but also give a neat look of the moon shining in the room. If I can find one i thought I'd wire it for 2 bulbs on separate circuits, with an orange bulb in one, a reddish bulb in the other. Then I could turn on either one depending on what I wanted. Can someone direct me to a source for a hanging globe fixture or I am open to any other ideas/suggestions. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0379_1024.jpg
    IMG_0379_1024.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0381_1024.jpg
    IMG_0381_1024.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0379_1024.jpg
    IMG_0379_1024.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 147

northrn

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
how lovely!

how about instead of overhead soft lighting, you spotlight some of those beautiful plants? lower wattage landscaping lights pointed to the foliage would be beautiful.

dcmoser1952

Jul 24, 2015
Ligonier,IN
how lovely!

how about instead of overhead soft lighting, you spotlight some of those beautiful plants? lower wattage landscaping lights pointed to the foliage would be beautiful.

Actually we have that. It does look really cool at night. The granddaughters love to swim at night with just them on.
I will see if I have some pics to post

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.