Incorrect Pump?

Elocin43

Jul 22, 2021
Ireland
Hi,
We ordered a 32ft×18ft intex pool and pump online. We contacted a local pool company for advice on setting up. They told us the Pump is too small for our size pool. The online company are saying our pump is sufficient. We are clueless. How do we tell if it is correct ? Model we have is SF70220-2. Not sure if I have added photos correctly. Thank you.

Hey Elocin !!! You bought a no frills pool combo. It is AMAZING for what it is, and your kids will be *just* as wet as anyone else’s while swimming. But it’s a no frills combo. The pumps and filters are incredibly rinky dink and aren’t designed to last any longer than the pool itself. (5 years if you’re lucky) Many pool shops charge more for 2 hours labor than your equipment is worth, so they won’t even want to help, as you’ve seen.

Many members upgrade the equipment, but you can spend several times the cost of the pool package on just the equipment. Others put a $15k deck and a $5k fence around a no frills pool. I cannot say that one persons feelings on where to spend their monies is better than another’s. We all have our thoughts on where to save.

So don’t worry too much about what the pool store said. Your equipment will work to its ability and it may need to run much longer to perform a satisfactory job, but with enough run time and filter cleanings, it will work to its ability.

Intex pumps and filters are on the small side but the one that came with my 26’ round Intex pool does get the job done. I just have to backwash it more than I would if the filter was a little bigger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.