Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

The Borough came over today and they want to talk to my pool builder. They are repairing the road and want him bonded so if he cracks it, he would be responsible for it. They are doing it tomorrow.
That is a little frustrating. They didn't care until they were going to shell out the money to rework the road??? Why didn't they check into this prior??? Bureaucracy. Such a racket.

Regardless, I hope it does not add a hitch in your giddyup. I'm excited for you to get your pool and can't wait to see this progress.

--Jeff

@Turboi was talking to my neighbor across the street about that and she said the road has been Crud for a long time. I know they were out looking in the early spring at it but they also knew my pool was going in too. So what I wanna know is, why not wait? I'm not going to have a baby over it. I chose a well established pool builder and I'm sure he will be able to handle his end of this and I'll handle mine. I think, and I'm only speculating, that I'll need to get approval to shut the small portion of the road down on delivery day.

P.S. I cleared my phone out to take massive amounts of pics n videos. I'll be uploading to YouTube n ish. :mrgreen: :nopic:

Do they have direct access path to your backyard or will they need to lift it over your house some? I’ll definitely be tuning in 📺! There’s a member that lives near me & he also posted pics of the events.

When we had our FG shell delivered, I know the crane truck required a separate permit for the roads around me. I'm in a very residential area and the crane would have exceeded the weight limits for the local streets, so a temporary permit was issued for the day to allow the crane to take its path, lift up the shell for placement, then go on its merry way. My PB already knew this was going to be required so another fee wasn't required on my part, its just part of their package.

If I would have had the shell delivered from the back yard, the shell would have had to go over power and communication lines, so in my area, that would have required another permit from the electric and cable/phone companies. We didn't do that, but my PB also knew that so we didn't have to worry about it. As you said, if you are dealing with a good PB, and they are local, they should already know these things and are planning for them.

Just a reminder of what it looks like when the shell comes over your house!
1630414590726.png

My pool will not be craned over my house. It will be dropped in from the side of the road. I spoke to him about an hour ago and he said they are not even using a crane. I forget what he called it but he said the heaviest piece of machinery will be the cement truck n those are allowed on the roads. He said that the borough shouldn't need any extra info because Imagine Pools will pull their own permits for the delivery of the pool. He called them n left his number for them to return the call. He feels as though they are worrying about nothing n they'll see that once he tells them what will happen on the day of delivery.

Oh no. I have myself some trouble and I don't know what to do. The borough is wanting every single person who pulls something in here to sign a waiver to be responsible for a road n the pool manufacturer wont deliver my pool. The stone n cement company refuses to deliver products and I'm Dang near in tears over this!

I was granted a zoning permit based off of information about my pool! They knew what I was buying! They shouldn't be allowed to do this mere weeks before install! I have emails showing them the specs of my pool!

Has anyone gone through this and does anyone have any good n calming words for a CO who is used to tearing a-holes first n asking questions last? I know it's a holiday weekend but I'm blowing up the Mayor n the zoning guy's n phone today from prison. I'm paying for a pool I now can't have over this road!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Find the local attorneys around town who know how to make things happen. They often know angles or people you would not think of.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Is this some kind of new law, what is going on.. You need to get the exact information and when it went into effect.. Show them you pulled the permits and they can not go back on them..

what exactly are they requiring? If they mess up the road they have to fix the road??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like Allen's idea. You pulled the permits. They knew what was happening. Everyone was allowed on the road prior to the resurfacing but not after? They were ok fixing any potential damage before the resurfacing but not after? Seems like the borough is afraid of shoddy workmanship with the road project and is already trying to put the blame elsewhere. (Second edit: If the road was cracked before and they slapped asphalt on top of it, it will crack again. The crack is not because of the surface but because of a poor road bed. That has to be fixed before the road won't crack again. May need a civil engineer involved along with an attorney).

This sucks and I hate it for you. Good luck. I'm secretly hoping that the roadwork gets delayed by material shortages so that your pool gets in first. (EDIT: Crud - I went back and reread and forgot that they already did the road work)

--Jeff

So who are they wanting to sign the waiver? You or each company delivering something?
Each company delivering. They NEVER said that this needed done! Imagine has refused to deliver my pool. I dont know what to do now n i was told they are coming on Tuesday to do the road. They never said anything. I dont know what to do. I'm paying for a pool that's now undeliverable. My PB said he's never dealt with this before. I have the permits. The zoning n building permits. I've called my state representative and grasping at straws now to get this in. I feel like I've been set up for failure. They knew in May I was getting this pool. I had to tell them what it was, the specs, n they never said anything. They approved it n now just 3 weeks from delivery n it's a different story. I'm stressed out n so sick over this dealing with it alone with my PB. They cant possibly do this?!

Your best bet would be to see if a lawyer can talk sense into them, but that will cost you $$$. Another thing to try is a local tv station, particularly if they have a consumer advocate reporter. Bad publicity for the borough if they approve all the required permits and then make a ridiculous demand preventing a hard working public servant from installing a pool they worked many hours of overtime during a pandemic to pay for. They can't delay the road project for another month? Its been years!
I think my response would be to move and not give them one more hard earned dime of my tax money, but that doesn't fix the problem. I'm sorry you have to go through this. What a bunch of bull.

How can they do this if they gave me my zoning n building permits and not said one word about anything else?! I'm completely and utterly beside myself paying for an $80k project with nothing to show for it!

GURRRRRRRR and MANY adult words!!!! Casey I REALLY don't think they can. It might be delayed but if they issued the permits then they have to let it go through. I would be down at the permit department on Tuesday bright and early IN your uniform! with your permits in hand. Don't say a word. Just hand the a copy of the permits and the pool plans as well as the paperwork for the problem.

Reactions: Mdragger88
First IANAA. Ask exactly the borough ordinance that requires the bonding. I see two
possibilities. One being the borough enacted an ordinance requiring bonding, which
in my experience was for cuts and such on new roads from utility companies. If they
can not show you the ordinance which you may be able to look up this weekend. I am
not sure how they could enforce it. Ask the PB if he has ever heard of this.

PennDot has a publication:

Read the first page. It shows that roads should be posted with weight limit.

If the road is not posted exploration of weight limits (could be a borough ordinance).
Then I would presume that it is hard to enforce and would probably be grandfathered
due to permits being issued.

I hope you can find the remedy.

Bigpaws

@Bigpawsthe road is posted at 8 tons. I just went out to look.

I have spoken to my neighbor who owns a business beside me. He is going to allow me access to his property to get this pool in. The Borough is coming on Tuesday to put the roadin and we are all meeting to find a solution to this without damaging this new road. It will be my neighbor, my PB, the road supervisor and myself.

I have worked so hard to get this pool. I have done 66 days of overtime in hazardous working conditions for this pool. I have worked myself to the bone. I got the time off to do this and yesterday, the stress got to me and I threw up and was sobbing my eyes out as I told my husband why I'm stressed out.

I am praying that we can find a way to get this pool in. Here are some pics of the front of the roadway.

Attachments

• 20210904_195750.jpg
    20210904_195750.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210904_195756.jpg
    20210904_195756.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210904_195831.jpg
    20210904_195831.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210904_195904.jpg
    20210904_195904.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210904_195918.jpg
    20210904_195918.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210904_200005.jpg
    20210904_200005.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 64
Tomorrow is the day. Please send me all your good thoughts and prayers. I need them. I'm going in covered in honey to get the most out of this. Ya'll know how hard that will be for me given the fact they gave me my permits already. My PB will be here first thing tomorrow morning and he is ready to explain to them that he has 40 years of experience in excavation, not only pool building. He has a plan with bringing in steel plates to run his lift on to set my pool so we dont damage the road. I am hopeful that we can all work together to make this happen with the least amount of damage to the road and my neighbor's property. I'm hoping for the best tomorrow. I'll keep ya all updated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.