In Pool table top question/help

Apr 8, 2017
houston texas
My gunite team sprayed the base for the table in a 18" sono tube. However they said they do not spray the round top of the table so they didnt do it.

Now i have asked my tile crew to start the top they are also saying that the gunite crew sprays the top and they just tile it.

Given gunite is done and the sono tub is done, what is the best way to form and get the top done so the tile crew can tile it?

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 32
Are you doing an owner build or have a pool builder?

Create a circular form that you can pour concrete into to create your table. Then the question becomes how you will anchor whatever top you create to the base?

I would think @jimmythegreek would have some good tips on this one. Is there any rebar tying that post to the pool floor? Did they leave any rebar sticking out of the top? Have you checked the depths to see how thick you will need this to be to have it above the water?

Assuming you have that rebar tied to the pool cage, amd the post is solid, simply drill 4 holes and epoxy anchor rebar into the post in 4 spots. Use a pvc drain pipe cap with a hole cutout in the middle to allow rebar to pass thru. 18" amd 24" are standard sizes for caps. Use a pipe to bend the rebar over and cut to length to fit inside. Use simple wire mesh for added strength to those 4 bars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.