In ground spa cover replacement

miamicuse

May 26, 2019
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I have an in ground spa that has a round cover that's broken - the straps are broken, the vinyl cover is torn, and the styrofoam inside is also broken.

IMAG0916.jpg

I am looking for a new cover, should I get the same kind, or is there a better alternative - something lighter and more weather resistant? I am in South Florida it's always warm and due to leaves and how close the spa is to the surrounding plants the cover is on all the time.

That depends on your budget. Your regular old spa cover is the best bang for your buck, but you can get covers that could double as dance floors if you want to spend a few $k.

I am not looking for something to dance on.

I am just wondering if there may be other options other than the vinyl lines cover that I have today which seems to rip and is quite heavy. Just thought there may be other types of covers that may be lighter and more weather resistant. From what you are saying it's either the one I have now, or it's custom special purpose covers?

Pretty much. And a heavy cover is the result of trapped chemical fumes breaking down the moisture barrier, not weather. Additional moisture barrier and denser foam options on your new cover is worth the extra cost. Vinyl should be treated with 303 aerospace protectant to prolong life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.