In-ground Pool Light Help

dis00

Nov 9, 2016
Brunswick OH
Since moving into our house a couple of years ago the pool light in my in-ground pool has never worked. It has been left out of the pool mainly because I lost the screw hat hods in in place and i have tried every size screw from home depot and they are either too big or two small.

Over the weekend I took a look at why my light wasn't working (American Products RB-400 BCL). I opened up the light to make sure it was the the bulb and its not. I wasnt getting any power at the switch that turns it on so I dug up parts of the conduit to inspect for damage etc. Turns out the wiring wasn't connected in the breaker panel in the house. I connected it all up and the light works fine out of the water. So i am a the stage of putting the light back into the pool. I ordered a pool light wedge thingy me-bob to get around not being able to find the right size screw.

My question is do I need to put and sealant of any sort on the gasket of the lamp? if so what type do I need?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

I just replaced my light that had been burnt out for about a year last week with a LED one from Amazon. I replaced my gasket and glass lens since the one that was installed in my pool was the blue tinted lens, got the clear one this time. Word of advice, the gasket goes over the glass lens ONLY, not both the lens and the fixture both. ;)

No you do no need any sealer or lube. Just install it on the lens accordingly and then put it all back together. Then hold it under water and see if you get any air bubbles. If you do then you need to tighten up the tension. Once it is not showing any air bubble, you are free to install it. Lots of folks just install it and never test it to make sure no mater can get in. Then not too far down the road the bulb goes because of water getting in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.