In floor pool cleaning system

steve1staf

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm helping a friend open his pool this year and I have a question about his equipment (please see attached pictures). I am not 100% sure how an in floor cleaning system works. The plumbing doesn't make sense to me (seems separate from the rest of the plumbing) and I thought these systems usually have a separate pump that operates it. My question is, do you think the system isn't being used anymore and they've capped it off. My friend has no idea and he's already used the pool for 2 summers but can't get a hold of the pool guy this year to open. Any help is much appreciated, thx!IMG_5501 (1).jpg20230519_112243.jpg20230519_112246.jpg

I'm helping a friend open his pool this year and I have a question about his equipment (please see attached pictures). I am not 100% sure how an in floor cleaning system works. The plumbing doesn't make sense to me (seems separate from the rest of the plumbing) and I thought these systems usually have a separate pump that operates it. My question is, do you think the system isn't being used anymore and they've capped it off. My friend has no idea and he's already used the pool for 2 summers but can't get a hold of the pool guy this year to open. Any help is much appreciated, thx!View attachment 493898View attachment 493899View attachment 493900
Also, are in floor cleaning systems completely separate plumbing from the main system (skimmers returns etc)?

Also, are in floor cleaning systems completely separate plumbing from the main system (skimmers returns etc)?
The entire top half of the distribution valve is missing. May have been removed to winterize. Without seeing the rest of the plumbing it doesn't look like the pool can be operated without it. Usually just one system, not separate. That's a Zodiac Caretaker system #5-9-2200. May have to purchase the entire valve to get the top portion.
5porthydraulicvalve.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.