Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

I went home to see Carlos the Pool Boy made it safely from his journey from Colorado! :mrgreen: This is getting so real and I can not wait. Old man said I should call off today (I'm on OT) I told him no way! I need $$$$ and all my time is saved for my dig and drop day!!! :cool:

I set out to replace my truck recently and it was $65k medium equipped. I would be terrified of putting scratches/dings on said shiny new truck god forbid i used it like a truck. So I bought a $42k loaded car and kept the old truck for dump/HD runs. Without daily use it will last forever. And I have $23k to help with the new pool. 😁 (Still need a lot of help tho😭)
This drives me crazy! My dad has one of those nice expensive trucks and won't let me borrow it to transport anything! If I need something that I can't cram into my trailblazer, I have to hook up his trailer to use rather than put something in the truck bed....the lined truck bed. I mean, seriously, what's the point of a truck! But anyhoo, good for you saving money to go toward a pool!

Reactions: Newdude and Casey
This drives me crazy! My dad has one of those nice expensive trucks and won't let me borrow it to transport anything! If I need something that I can't cram into my trailblazer, I have to hook up his trailer to use rather than put something in the truck bed....the lined truck bed. I mean, seriously, what's the point of a truck! But anyhoo, good for you saving money to go toward a pool!
I use my truck like no one's business. I've had it in the woods, scratched up, hauled dead n mangled deer. I've hit deer with it, had it fixed. I'll haul stone n brick, furniture... whatever! I use it like it's supposed to be used. I even put a nice guard on the front so when I do hit the next deer, I wont have to replace the whole front end again. LOL

Its crazy! Those giant pickup trucks are very popular down here, and they are so freaking expensive! They are easily plunking down 75k on something that might not even last longer than it takes to pay it off. If I had it to spend I would much rather use it on a pool!
My former boss paid $80k for a new truck. I almost fell out of my chair.

Reactions: magiteck and Casey
My former boss paid $80k for a new truck. I almost fell out of my chair.
They aren't cheap. I paid $45k for mine when I started at the prison. I needed it for the back roads to get back n forth to work in the winter. I can't just call off! I've never missed a day at work because of snow.

I use my truck like no one's business
I took 4 loads of branches to the dump today. It was plied over 10 ft high before I roped them down and even then they were still way above my reach. Needless and branches were rubbing EVERYWHERE and I stopped to appreciate my slightly not perfect workhorse.

My 80k King ranch F250 has scratches. 2 inch hail dents all over it, UV damage, exhaust ripped out and tuned and just hit 45k miles and it is a 2012 :) It's had an easy life on the power train but the body has been abused :)

I use my truck like no one's business. I've had it in the woods, scratched up, hauled dead n mangled deer. I've hit deer with it, had it fixed. I'll haul stone n brick, furniture... whatever! I use it like it's supposed to be used. I even put a nice guard on the front so when I do hit the next deer, I wont have to replace the whole front end again. LOL
Exactly how it's supposed to be used! I can get quite a bit of 8 foot 2x4s in my trailblazer (I enjoy building things), but, as my daughter says, mommy really needs a truck!

You sure you ain't a southern girl? And I don't mean southern Pennsylvania! :mrgreen:

You sure you ain't a southern girl? And I don't mean southern Pennsylvania! :mrgreen:
I have so many people ask me where I'm from because of my accent! I say SWPA! They say no!!! Down south?! LOL I wish I lived south.... somewhere!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I paid a pretty penny for that after mangling a deer on my way home from the woods going 50mph. I threw her in the back of the truck with my front end! :mrgreen: Pushed her through the meat grinder for the dogs to eat because they are on a raw diet.

Attachments

• 20210411_051835.jpg
    20210411_051835.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 47
I bought my F150 new in 2003 for 27k. Had plenty of deer in the back over the years and even rear ended by teenager on her phone. It keeps trucking along and i’m going to keep driving it until dies. I opted for a new 50k fiberglass pool too instead of a new truck!
F0EC9794-C270-4633-A4D9-113FCDF45B73.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Casey and Newdude
Not trying to turn this into a truck thread, but yeah, bought my '03 pickup used in '05. Still driving it. I've spent a fair amount keeping it up, I had the bed replaced due to rusted fenders and damage (prior to my purchase) with a full repaint. Replaced the fuel system. Had a mishap that led to all the oil draining out of the engine. That was an expensive fix! If I add up all of the repair and maintenance work I've done over the years I'm still in it for less than if I went and bought a new one today. So for me it is an easy decision. The fact that my wife and I drive paid for vehicles is one reason we were able to do the pool. We basically traded her car payment for a pool payment. And the pool loan is actually less monthly payment than the car payment was, albeit for a longer term. But our plan is to focus our efforts on paying the pool loan down in about the same amount of time as a car loan. Which, by the way, they now have like 8 year financing for some vehicles!

--Jeff

I bought my F150 new in 2003 for 27k. Had plenty of deer in the back over the years and even rear ended by teenager on her phone. It keeps trucking along and i’m going to keep driving it until dies. I opted for a new 50k fiberglass pool too instead of a new truck!
View attachment 321874
Nice buck! I lost my mount in the fire.

I think my yard is big enough. I told my husband when we bought it... that's my yard for my pool! :mrgreen: the first pic is from my bay window in the dining room and I sit at that window with my small dog I got from my mom when she passed.
Nice big area! I assume a privacy fence or fast growing hedges.
And sorry I'm late with no truck stories!

Nice big area! I assume a privacy fence or fast growing hedges.
And sorry I'm late with no truck stories!
I've already planted Thuja Green Giants last fall.

I sold my pool today. I got my asking price too.

Nice to have progress! I wish the Thuja line did well in my climate. Junipers are supposed to be the better bet.
The Thuja are very nice! One of my favorites! I have to cal the borough back n see how my zoning permit is going. I want it out of the way.

The Thuja are very nice! One of my favorites!

Your yard there looks like a front lawn and so many homes around it. Do they discourage fences?
I just called my fence guy. He's coming out on the 26th to give me a quote on my chain link fence. I don't think you can see it but I have over 50 thuja green giants planted right now around my property line. I'll deal with the neighbors being nosey for the next couple years til they grow up. I dont care. Wont be the first time I make someone nearly wreck while wearing a bikini. I'm not paying an arm n a leg for a privacy fence when my thujas will be growing quickly in the next 2 years at 5ft apart. In less than 5 years, they'll be over 12-15ft.

It's not that people discourage fences. It's just that the last owner never had one. I didnt waste time last year planting my thujas. The guys mom stopped in n asked me what I was doing? I told her planting trees so i can't see you n you cant see me. She just looked at me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.