I'm ready...but first, a question or two.

dattia

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
West Chester, PA
Hi all... I had a filter problem a few weeks ago that was solved here on the forum. Thank you again to 'Waste'! Now, after doing a ton of reading, I am realizing that I know nothing about taking care of a pool... but I think I am ready to convert to the BBB method, since I know there is a wealth of information here at my fingertips. I just ordered my test kit and am anxiously awaiting a sparkling pool. At the moment, mine is a bit cloudy.

Now, the question or two. When I was having my filtration problem recently, I opened my filter and cleaned and lubed the O-ring. The filter turned out to not be causing the problem, but now I have noticed whenever I move the lever on my Multi-valve and turn the pump back on, there is dirty water going back into the pool. This only lasts for a few seconds but it is still disturbing. I first noticed it after backwashing. However, it will do it even if I just turn off the pump to clean out the strainer basket and turn the pump back on. There is also a bit of bubbling at the return, but I've read some things that I am going to try with that. Also, my sight glass is only half full. Should it be completely full of water?

Thank you.

Dawn

dattia

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
West Chester, PA
Thanks for the 'bump' waste! I think I am good! :-D I opened the filter again just yesterday and looked around and didn't see anything wrong, so I just clean up the O-ring and the rim, re-lubed everything and put it back together. The only thing I did differently this time, was I had my son tighten his side of the collar at the same time that I was tightening mine so that it would go together more uniformly (last time I was on my own). I don't know what exactly fixed it, but so far, only clean water is coming through the return.

I could kick myself for not having done it sooner though. I went from yukky water to beautiful sparkling water and am now back to cloudy but improving conditions. I am sure that putting this issue off was keeping me in a 2-steps forward, 1-step back situation. :hammer:

I am convinced that the mistakes I make this year are going to contribute to me having 'the most awesome sparkling pool' for the entire summer next year!

Thank you again!