I’m Melissa. Flintstone,GA

Mloy

Apr 6, 2019
Flintstone,Ga
First time pool owner. It is just me. A company will open it in the middle of May. They closed it last year. But I want to learn myself and save money. I work a lot of hours during the week. But surely this forum can walk me thru everything. And probably a stupid question. But the Hayward pump is on the ground and lines are under ground in a metal sleeve If I am at work and it’s pouring g rain,will the water hurt the running pump ? I truly have no clue on anything Pool. But I truly want to learn and not be afraid of hurting something

You have come to the right place to learn how to care for your own pool! We need a little help to start really helping you with YOUR pool. Can you please fill out your signature? Click on your name, click on signature. PUt in what kind of pool you have (plaster, vinyl, in ground or above ground, Kind of filter (sand, cartridge, DE), how you are adding FC (free chlorine).

The links Marty shared will help you learn out "language" so we are all on the same page.

The MOST important thing you need to care for your own pool is your own test kit. Here is a link to show you the ones we like: Test Kits Compared - Trouble Free Pool I will tell you I think the TF-100 is the best bang for the buck as it has more of the regents we use on a regular bases.

There are NO dumb questions except the one not asked. Pumps-they can stay out in the weather even in the rain. Mine does as does most other's and it has not been a problem. Some people do make a cover to go over the equipment but that is mostly to help keep the sun from beating it up so bad in VERY sunny spots like CA and TX.

Once you get your test kit let us know and we can get you started on the path to taking care of your pool!

Kim:kim: