I'm having trouble getting the bottom ring perfectly round

sjoseph316

Jun 19, 2020
Ohio
Hello all, great info on this site I love it, I have done a lot of reading and this is my first post. I'll be spending a lot of time on here reading since this is my first pool. It's a 28' resin Matrix. My ground is done, it's level within 1/2''. I'll touch it up and shave a little off on those spots after I get the pavers in. I have followed the instructions but just can't seem to get it perfectly round to measure 28'. I get so close, steak it down and then within the last couple measurements it is off by an inch or two. I will attach the instructions if it allows me to. For the 28' I am supposed to put the bottom ring together and then measure from the middle of a post to the area directly across which on the 28' is in the middle of the two posts opposite it. It doesn't say, or at least I don't see it, where exactly to measure to so I have been going to the groove where the wall will be. I just can't seem to get it in a perfect circle all the way around! I have restarted 3 times now with the same result. I am very familiar with forums, so I searched up the best pool forums and that's how I found this site, and it does look like a fountain of knowledge. If anyone could give me some tips or advice on how to get it as perfectly round as it needs to be. I would attach a pic but that really isn't gonna show anything because it looks like it's round but the tape says different. Thank you so much in advance and I look forward to learning all the ropes of above ground pools with salt systems so I can help people like I am asking for help now.

Attachments

• matrix-round-installation.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Shame no one has replied since you posted this Friday. I suspect by now you've either got it up and filling, or you're about ready to drive a truck through it. :hammer: Hopefully it's the first. But if you still have questions let us know. If you cracked the code and have it up, post a pic and show us your progress.

Hello and thanks for the welcome!! I'm ready to drive a truck through it, BUT, I did get it round. I searched for hours upon hours and everything seemed to lead back to follow the instructions. Then I found a site called shadebuilder.com and a guy was having the exact same problem as me........problems getting the bottom ring round. The guy that answered the question said NOT to follow the instructions for this part. He said to stick a screwdriver through the end of your tape measure and stick it in the ground at the pool center and then go around and measure half of what your pool size is and position the rails accordingly. So I gave it a shot and I had a perfect circle in about 15 minutes, after days of trying by following the instructions. No rails are popped out, it's staked down and there is good movement to adjust as needed when setting the wall. Now I am working on setting the pavers. This is my first pool install so each step seems very frustrating but I'm still grinding.

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.