IG Rectangular Build in Maryland

Your deck and railing look great!!! We have cable rails with aluminum posts and ipe wood top rails on our main deck railings all around our modern house. I actually spent the first few years sanding and re-oiling the ipe with Penofin, but I gave up doing that after a while and have just let it be natural grey.

I also really like the pecan composite decking choice you made - we are contemplating a deck area and pool shed addition to our back yard in the next few years and I was looking to try to create a look much like you have done with the decking. We will be replacing a raised grass area just above our pool with a lowered deck area that meets up with a 120 sq-ft modern "shed". Here is the look we are shooting for as far as the shed goes below - It is a pre-fabricated shed from a company in Colorado that is run by a friend of a friend...

Office-3-1024x595.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thanks everyone. I hope I can keep the ipe looking good and matching the decking. Oil 3 times a year maybe, 5 minutes to do it. Here are some pics of the autocover vault cover. I laid it all down and then created cuts afterward with angled supports to be able to pull it out for service. I like how it turned out, way better than having stone cover stick out awkwardly on that side.

Santacruz, your idea would look great in your area. I personally love the mixture of stone, concrete and cedar (and some greenery).

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 33
Yes, it's all looking great and the details are coming together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.