IG Pool Completed ✔️ Build Thread 📸 FINAL THOUGHT

My final post to this build thread

let me offer this perspective to those that are in process of building and fretting over every last detail (just as I did). I spenthours agonizing over pebble color, tile, deck layout etc...

we love it don’t get me wrong but now it’s built and the family is in it - I’m not even thinking about that or second guessing and just enjoying building memories.

Don’t overthink things - no matter what you end up with, the memories and how the kids respond is all that matters ♥️

EA114458-0D65-4F61-8826-DE9A96A7B0C1.jpeg
B8437708-88A8-4A9F-900B-1ACFA06AD385.jpeg

Don’t overthink things - no matter what you end up with, the memories and how the kids respond is all that matters ♥️

This is important advice that doesn't get said enough here. We see pages and pages of discussion on tile, automation, lighting, water features...etc. The vast majority of discussion is about ancillary stuff. So many people spend just as much on extra details as they do on the pool itself. I think we get too lost in the extras. I get it, I went through the same process planning my reno...but in the end I went pretty basic. Why? Well because 90% of the fun of the pool is THE POOL. The hole in the ground with water in it is what we're all after. So if that accounts for 90% of the fun, why spend 50% of the overall cost on stuff that's not that? I'm not saying not to do the extras...just to not get caught up in having the most amazing backyard oasis on the net...because you can easily end up quadrupling your cost and frustration level (both in the build and for the life of the pool), all for stuff you'll use once a year at your 4th of July party to impress friends. The rest of the year it will be kept off to save wear and tear and energy cost.

So yeah - remember what's important. Couldn't agree more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.