IFCS with Returns

wedge11383

Apr 12, 2022
AZ
I have had a really difficult time with my PB. This particular issue involves the IFCS and the normal pool returns.

This is a rectangular 16000 gallon pool. One Venturi skimmer, 3 returns, and 6 in floor cleaning heads installed on the steps and shelf.

They have sent 3 different plumbers out because they suspected there was an "issue" but in the end decided everything was fine. I never asked them to come out and they were very vague on what they were looking at. This made me suspicious.

I have been checking it over and it seems that they turned off the valve to the normal returns because otherwise there is not enough pressure to run the in floor cleaning heads. When I open the returns back up, the pressure in the floor system drops to around 10 but I believe manufacturer calls for 17-22.

I have a TriStar VS900 and my investigation was done with it running at 90%

My question is if there is even a problem here? Should the pump be able to run IFCS and returns simultaneously? Do I have to choose one or the other?

Pictures attached.

I appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• 20220605_101958.jpg
    20220605_101958.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220605_102012.jpg
    20220605_102012.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220605_101953.jpg
    20220605_101953.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 4
Do you have automation where you could set valves to direct more water to the ifcs when needed? What you describe is normal with a single pump. I have to change return settings if I want more flow on my sheers.

For best performance of the IFCS, all return water needs to go thru the infloor water distribution valve - the line marked "RETURNS" should be off. You can have some water returning thru the venturi skimmer, but "RETURNS" off.

On the suction side, set the SKIMMER/DRAIN valve to about the half way point if you have water returning thru the venturi skimmer line - if venturi skimmer line is off, set SKIMMER/DRAIN to about 80% SKIMMER and 20% DRAIN.

If there is not a vacuum in use, turn the vacuum line off.

Are there popups only on the steps and shelf or are there also popups on the pool floor?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.