May 17, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

My inground chlorine pool was just built (8000 gallons) and I have a Hayward vs 900 Omni pump with 2” piping.

what is the best schedule for my pump? The company set it up at 3300rpm for 4 hours, 3000 for 4 and 2500 for 4. Seems really high.

I was thinking 3000 rpm for few hours in morning, 1500 throughout day, and 3000 for a few at sunset.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Is this a salt or non-salt pool? Do you have lots of trees nearby? What type of cleaning (vacuum) system do you have? Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info, to include how you chlorinate. That can drive the replies you receive.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Is this a salt or non-salt pool? Do you have lots of trees nearby? What type of cleaning (vacuum) system do you have? Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info, to include how you chlorinate. That can drive the replies you receive.
Chlorine (Non-salt)

almost no trees near pool.

right now using manually vacuum until I choose a robotic vacuum.

thanks,

texaspool89

San Antonio
8000 gallon chlorine (non-salt)
Hayward vs 900 Omni (1.85)

Something that simple I'd keep it on about 1,200 - 1,300 rpm when simply skimming the surface. You might kick it up to about 3,000 rpm for a few minutes each day just to purge any potential air in the system. Even at that, probably only 10-15 minutes at most. Increase the rpm manually as needed when you vacuum. So a low rpm is your primary speed. :goodjob:

Reactions: texaspool89
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.