Palm Bay, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My wife and I are in the process of getting a pool, and the PB will be installing the IChlor 30 for our pool (13.5k gal). Is this properly sized? Its over the recommended 2x pool size, but not sure if there is a better option for us?

A,

It should work fine on a 14K pool....

I would ask your pool builder why he is using the iChlor instead of the IntelliChlor and see what he says..

I don't see a lot of iChlor installs here at TFP.. and it would be interesting to know why..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think the Intellichlor IC40 is more robust and higher quality then the iChlor. And will probably cost a bit more. That is what I would get.

Thanks for the responses. Actually I think I remember him saying that if we ended up getting the IntelliCenter then they would also use the intellichlor. Does that make sense? We are going with automation, so Im definitely going to clarify.

Pentair has a bundle that packages the IntelliCenter and the Intellichlor together at an attractive price. The bundled version of the IntelliCenter has the Power Center for the Intellichlor integrated in the IntelliCenter.

Reactions: guinness
Spoke with PB, we will indeed be getting the Intellichlor. Im a newbie, so I actually thought they were the same thing up until now:rolleyes: Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.