IC60 output %?

whixkid41

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2018
Long Island, NY
Hi All,

Im a total rookie setting everything up so I am curious what I should set my IC60 output at for my pool, and also for my SPA. Right now, the pool is crystal clear, i have it set to 40% for the pool and 0% for the SPA. I run the filter basically 24x7 at 35gpm (although i’d love to hear advice on this as well). is weekly testing and adjustment good enough? What % increments should i be adjusting to?

Thanks!

You need to match your SWCG generation to your daily FC loss. Start at a 3 ppm FC loss per day. You can use the Poolmath app if you have it to see what % setting for how many hours each day is needed to generate that level of FC replacement.

If you plan to run your pump 24 hours per day, then a 20% setting should be sufficient. Based on your CYA being between 60-80 ppm and that your FC level is all ready in target range based on FC/CYA Levels.

Your pump rate can be reduced if it is primarily to generate chlorine. Normal systems, with a heater, can typically be set at or near 1600 rpm to close the flow switch on the SWCG. Try lowering your rpm and see where the red light for FLOW comes on. Then add back 100 rpm or so. Be sure the green light is showing for FLOW.

As far as 24 hours, that is fine. Or you can reduce that number. Up to you. Really depends on skimming needs.

Your ET setting for the Intellichlor when in Spa is normally set to a little chlorine generation. I would not set it at 0. I believe there is a default setting. Try that.

I would suggest testing more often until you learn your pools needs. Every other day at least for awhile. Adjust your chlorine generation according to your testing.

Your IntelliChlor was born without a brain.. You have to be the brain that tells him what to do... So, for the first month or so, I would test daily, or every other day, until you get a feel for how much chlorine your pool uses each day and how much your SWCG produces each day.. It won't take long to get that feeling and then you can start testing once or maybe twice a week...

Obviously, if your FC is low, you need to increase the SWCG % or increase your run time.. If your FC is too high, you will need to do the opposite.

I run my IntelliFlo 24/7 at 1200 RPM most of the time. It is not at all necessary, but it is something I like to do. I like generating a little chlorine all the time and I like skimming all the time. The only downside is it cost more for electricity. But with a total cost of less than $20 bucks a month to run 24/7, for me, it is worth it...

Your cell should produce about .6 ppm of FC per hour with the cell at 100% output in your pool.. Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm per day of chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.