IC40 - Just added salt today to new pool

The cell and the flow switch are obviously installed correctly.. This means the flow switch or the cell itself must be bad. I say this based on the fact that you said you had good flow back to the pool.. Is your spa overflowing into the pool ok?

What is your filter pressure??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Got a new SWCG today. Working perfectly. It was reading 2500ppm. The tech used his meter and it read 2600ppm. I use the Thomas test kit on Saturday and it read 3000ppm. I assume the SWCG and the tech's meter are more accurate than the Thomas test kit? Anyway, added 2 bags of salt and now SWCG reads 3000ppm. 13,500gpm. Add another 40lb bag?

Your Taylor K1766 is far more accurate than the SWCG or the probe used by the tech.

I would leave the salt be. If you get overflow from rain, then watch for low salt.

Sorry, yes I have the Taylor kit. Don't see how it can be more accurate than a digital reading. The salt test kit measure in increments of 500ppm. Each drop is 500ppm. So if you actually have 3050ppm of salt, the Taylor kit will say you have 3500ppm, correct?

Digital doesn't necessarily mean accurate. Which Taylor kit do you have? My Taylor kit measures 200ppm per drop. Can bump up to a 20mL sample for 100ppm per drop.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No reason to raise it right now. Mine runs at 3000 ppm or a little under all the time.

I also try to run mine at 3000 ppm.. Once it gets to 3500, or so, I can start to taste it..

Keep in mind that once the water temp drops to about 52 degrees, the cell will shut off anyway.

I tend to not worry much about my salt or CYA levels in the winter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks....as just setting up trying to get a good base. Water temp 59 and SWCG reading 2850 so I will go ahead and add another bag this morning. Trying to get to magic 3200....PB coming by Friday and we will test everything and add stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.