IC40 High Salt Reading / High CH

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Good Monday Afternoon! We’ve been so happy that our pool is looking so good and with very little effort - thanks to all of you! The IC40 is blinking High Salt - but it certainly producing enough chlorine at 60% with the pump running 5 hours a day. From what I’ve read here, I know that what the SWG’s “thinks” rules. But, as you can see in my attachment, the bolded text shows there are some extreme differences with Screen Logic and my Taylor Drop test results in the last couple months. Also, I have not added any salt since the refill in 9/18. I know these units have a high defect rate, and it is still under warranty, but wondering if my increasing CH has something to do with the false high salt readings.

Wondering if it’s time to do a partial refill. Thoughts?

Attachments

• PoolMath-TestLogs-060919.jpg
    PoolMath-TestLogs-060919.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 13
Y,

If the cell is under warranty, just have Pentair, or your pool builder, come out and fix it, or replace it..

If no longer under warranty than just replace the Flow Switch.. It is an easy DIY repair. Inside the flow switch is a thermister that helps determine the salinity of the water.. It is the weak link of the IC40 and they can go bad quite often..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.