IC40 Flow Switch problem

Apr 20, 2020
Overland Park, KS
Moved from here.
Does this solution also apply to the IC40? I am experiencing same exact issue. In addition, after holding "More" for three seconds and all percentage output LEDs flash green which I have interpreted as a bad flow switch or bad thermometer.

Also, would you recommend the Pentair Aftermarket flow switch from Pool Supply Guys for $49 plus shipping. I am cheap an if I can save 50 I want to.

IC40; Sand Filter, Heat Pump, Easy Touch, ScreenLogic App - All Pentair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update - disconnecting/cutting the green wire was unsuccesful for me. I still had my original IC40 that was replaced under warranty and installed it. It was what I used as my placeholder over the winter.

This cell reports salt levels to easy touch, but the inspect cell is flashing despite it being clean. Next step remove the flow switch from the inspect cell IC40 to the not reporting Salt Levels IC40.

How old is my pool you may ask -- upcoming season would be its 4th. Two bad cells in 3 swimming seasons - somewhat frustrating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.