IC20 not reading on intelitouch

breweb01

Aug 22, 2011
Frisco, TX
Just replaced to IC20 cell but it does not show data nor can i adjust the output level on the intelitouch pad. The cell is working. I don't think the old cell worked with the remote either. I see the wires going to the intelitouch control panel from the cell power supply outside.

Can someone point me in the right direction or have an idea?

Qwaxalot

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2012
Depending on the age of your intellitouch, there was an issue with the communications board (RS485). The details escape me at the moment, but a call to Pentair tech support should give you some guidance.

In the meantime, you can verify that all 4 of the communication wires are intact and snugly connected (they have an annoying habit of picking up some corrosion at the terminal block inside the box, behind the board)

breweb01

Aug 22, 2011
Frisco, TX
Pool was installed 2006. I will double check the connections. The panel tells me no errors. 0 salt and shows the % output but any adjustment does not appear do do anything.

breweb01

Aug 22, 2011
Frisco, TX
Fixed! I used the old spa remote wire that you can see in the pic just hanging. Now I am not limited to 20/40/60/80/100% on the cell and I see my salt reading.