tiggermax

Sep 9, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Hi, sorry if there is already an answer out there in this forum. I did search, but didn't find it. If you know there's already a good thread, please send me the link.

I have a new(ish) pool, and automation using the iAqualink app. I have it set up on a schedule that includes pool filtering, spa filtering, and spillover mode for when the spa flows over into the pool. My problem is I haven't quite figured out how to have a party during the daytime when the schedule is on. Here is the typical issue. Kids want to use the pool, and they want the spa hot, and they go out there at 1:00pm. I manually turn the spa mode on, and the spa heater, and kids are happy. Then, at 2:00, the program takes back over again and puts the system in spillover mode which pulls from the pool and returns to the spa. All the heat in the spa is gone in a matter of seconds, and kids are NOT happy because dad forgot to override it again at 2:00.

I'm assuming there HAS to be a way to do this. Maybe instead of just "manually" turning on the spa mode, I should set up a ONETOUCH routine, say for 4 hours to stay in spa mode? Is that the way it's done? Or is there some magic override button I seem to be missing?
Thanks for helping out the newbie....

Max

There is no override. Your schedule takes priority. Whatever you have that has been set, when the schedule kicks off something else, that something else wins. If you are doing this on a regular basis, you need to re-evaluate whatever you have scheduled. For mine, the only scheduled items are pool pump running and early morning exercising of water features.

On mine, I could change the pump speed to 3450 and it would run at that speed until it hits the 6:00 AM scheduled pump speed for "Filter Pump", which is 2000rpms for me, and then that will be the new speed.

1599823601122.png

Ok got it. I'll move the spa recirculation and spillover mode routines to early in the morning at a time when we are unlikely to manually set a mode that could get overridden. Then, if we do override it later in the day, there will be nothing on the schedule to take priority. I guess I should have thought of that, but I just kept thinking there should be a more built in way to overcome this.

Here's my current program:
iaqualink schedule.JPG

And here's my new program. Again, I'm relatively new at this, so if you see something I'm doing here that doesn't make sense, or you have ideas on how I can improve, please don't hesitate!
View attachment 162136

I don't have a spa so not familiar with that operation. When you activate your "Spa" circuit, does that also activate the pump? If not, then with your schedule, the pump will not be running when the Spa kicks on. Also if you notice I run my pump 24 hours a day. This is so my SWG can always produce a little chlorine. I have it set at @ 55% which for 24 hours keeps my pool at about a FC level of 7. What percent do you run your SWG? Scheduled run-times will make a difference to what percent you will need.

PoolGate,
Thanks for your response and help. My system just has one pump, so yes, the spa circuit pulls water from the spa drain and returns to the spa. I have a traditional chlorine pool with an automatic (and adjustable) chlorinator. The local pool supply store suggested running 8 hours a day would be sufficient. Sound right given your experience?

PoolGate,
Thanks for your response and help. My system just has one pump, so yes, the spa circuit pulls water from the spa drain and returns to the spa. I have a traditional chlorine pool with an automatic (and adjustable) chlorinator. The local pool supply store suggested running 8 hours a day would be sufficient. Sound right given your experience?

What saltwater chlorine generator model do you have? 8 hours does not sound like enough but if it is large enough, it might be. 8 hours at 100% will produce 1/3 of your SWG's advertised daily output. Poolmath will allow you to put that number in to see how much free chlorine your pool will gain per day. Most pools use 2-3 parts chlorine per day.

Please fill out your signline with pool details. Here -> https://www.troublefreepool.com/account/signature

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.