iAqualink schedule ghosting...help needed.

ITR

Gold Supporter
Nov 8, 2014
323
Clermont, FL
Hey, all.

I need some help here. I have an RS-8 with iAqualink. When going into "schedule" it used to show the schedule...then a few weeks ago...it showed nothing but was still operating the equipment on the schedule. Now when going into "Schedule" it locked up the unit and going into "Waiting for Connection"...and the pool controls are inoperable until I power cycle the controls via the breaker. As long as I don't touch the schedule function...everything can be controlled fine.

So I called Jandy/Zodiac...they looked at it, sent a reset which did nothing....and was stumped and told me to get a local tech. The local tech came out on Monday (on Labor Day...I was surprised) and found nothing wrong with the hardware....but did experience the same software problem. He said he thought it was the server (which I'm not sure about since I think the schedule works without an internet connection).

Has anyone seen this issue and know how to solve it? Or is there a way to hard reset it without losing all the configs for the lights, valves, pump, SWG, etc? I honestly don't mind resetting the schedules up...but I'm not sure I am qualified enough to re-setup all the equipment.

Thanks in advance!
John
 

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
3,742
Damascus, MD
Are you on the correct schedule group? I use Group B. Look under "Menu, Program Group".

Also try logging out and logging back in. This frequently fixes buggy things.
 

ITR

Gold Supporter
Nov 8, 2014
323
Clermont, FL
It does it whether it is Group A or Group B. Also validated that the time is correct. Logging out and back on does not resolve the problem.

What does "CLEAR MEMORY" do? I'm afraid to try it as I'm not a pool guy and won't know how to setup/configure the pump, lights, valve actuators, etc...
 

santacruzpool

Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
675
Santa Cruz, CA
I was having this problem on my Android phone earlier this summer - the only fix once it locked up was to reset the power to the Jandy iAqualink main control box. I stopped trying to do changes to my schedule via my phone, and instead have done them on my desktop via the web...that doesn't fail for me.

I haven't tried it again on my phone once I figured out the correlation.
 

Dodger

Silver Supporter
Sep 17, 2017
641
Silicon Valley, CA
I've seen this happen on my system regularly for the past 2 years, even on my laptop connection. Sometimes just part of the Schedule screen will populate, showing a line or 2 of my Schedules, but not the other lines (I usually have 5-8 Schedule lines).

My first step is to reset the power to the RS board, which includes the iAqualink power (as santacruz suggested above.) That has generally been enough, but sometimes I just have to wait until later in the day and it works better. This led me to believe that it's a Jandy server and/or WiFi issue.

Since about a week ago, I have my iAqualink hardwired to our router (switch) rather than use WiFi. I have seen nothing close to the Schedule screen issue since being wired.
 

ITR

Gold Supporter
Nov 8, 2014
323
Clermont, FL
So I decided to do a "CLEAR MEMORY" tonight and re-setup everything. Wasn't too difficult and it cleared the schedule problem on the Mrs. iPhone, my laptop, and my Android. My particular problem was not Jandy server or wifi related. You may want to give it a try. Just take screenshots of everything under "Setup" and your Schedule and modes....and you can set them up after clearing the memory. It seriously only too my 15 minutes to get everything back in place and it's so nice to know my schedule is working...and I can add/delete from it again. For those wondering, I didn't lose time or my wifi settings doing clearing the memory. Pretty simple.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PoolGate