Dec 28, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi - I am thinking of getting a robot to help clean my pool. Which one works with the iAquaLink app? I can control my current one with the app and set it to automatically clean, and I like that, but it just doesn’t get up on the benches or the walls. Picture of my current one below. Thank you

Attachments

• 34F07930-00E4-43BF-BDAC-FB0118B68405.jpeg
    34F07930-00E4-43BF-BDAC-FB0118B68405.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
No robots work with the iAqualink app.

The pool cleaning robots that have APP controls use their own APP.

You currently have a pressure side cleaner and your Aqualink APP controls a booster pump or valve to turn your cleaner on and off.

A robot pool cleaner will plug into a 120V outlet and not your Aqualink.

For most pool owners the easiest way to automate is to use a smartplug. There are many brands and some also work with Alexa and Google assistant. You can use your local wifi for control and/or set up for remote internet control. All you need is a robot with "automation mode" like the Dolphin 20 and Pentair Warrior SE and many, many other brands. Plug the smart plug into an outlet in your pool area and use it's software to set a routine for that plug. There are slight differences in how to do this depending on the brand. I set my Warrior SE to run for two hours every day. Pool is way cleaner than ever before with my old suction cleaner. Automation mode is not documented but it is entered the same way as the dolphin. If you ever want to control the robot from your iAqualink you will have to wire an outlet through the Jandy panel. This is a lot of work and can be expensive unless you are doing a new build.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Mdragger88
Technically the Polaris robots such as the Alphla IQ+ works in the iAquaLink App. However I wouldn’t recommend choosing a robot based off which app it uses. I have all Jandy equipment but went with a maytronics robot due to their reputation and the support from Marina Pool and Spa that is highly recommend here. I use iAquaLink for my pool equipment and the dolphin app for the robot. Both maytronics and Polaris robots will allow you to schedule from the app if you get their more expensive models.

I am very happy with my Aqualink enabled robot. It has it's own app as Allen stated but that is accessed via the Aqualink app. I don't know why they include a scheduling app with the robot, which mine has, since they also state in the owner's manual not to leave the robot in the pool long term. I take mine out every time I used it and clean out the basket and hose it off. I hate seeing a robot in the pool my neighbor does that (regular water powered one). I just can't see constantly swimming with the hoses/cords and robot in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.