iAquaLink App shows no pool Temp, heater not working

stansj

Sep 7, 2018
Apex, NC
Hello,
Need some assistance if anyone can....Of course things are going wrong when wife has a party for one of our kids on Saturday. All the pool companies are too busy with season startup operations. Anyhow, I was going to start the heater up to get pool at proper temps, but heater would not coming on. I noticed in the iAqualink app that the air temp is displayed, but just shows "--" for the water temp. Looking at the web interface it says "short" for the water temp. I am wondering if this is keeping the heater from coming on as a safety feature? I looked at the heater's panel (it shows water temp of 75F and max value of 104F...so it appears the heater's temp sensor is working). I found the cable that goes from the board (labeled with the water temp sensor). All the connections are securely seated and no stray strands sticking out. I also traced the wire to the location where the temp sensor is mounted on top of the pipe. I did not see any damage from weed eater or anything.
My questions:
  • Does this sound like a bad temp sensor to you?
  • Any ideas on possible work around to get pool up to swimmable temps for the party until parts or proper repair can be made?
I believe we have Aqualink RS power center (Controller).
Heater is a Jandy JXI.

Let’s ask @PoolGate he’s the jandy guy.
I can’t say for jandy but most automations require the filter pump to be activated for the water temp to register.

Last resort would to hold menu and pool and spa button simultaneously for 5 seconds and disable the remote feature on the heater unit itself. But before doing all that I’d wait for pool gate.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.