iAqualink 20 won't connect to internet using Comcast ISP

Feb 3, 2011
Pennsylvannia
So installing the iAqualink couldn't be easier, especially if you're able to run Ethernet right to it and thereby avoid any wireless networking difficulties. My problems started when i went from verizon DSL to Comcast broadband. All of the sudden no longer able to connect to my pool via the app or otherwise. All my other 30 devices on my network connecting to internet and enjoying 250 MBps download speeds.

So i do a little test. I used my iphone hotspot feature to see what happens if i bypass Comcast by setting up my IQ20-a with that wireless connection. And yes it worked; I get the green light as expected. So I figure Comcast must be blocking the traffic from Zodiac's AWS cloud server back into my home, and therefore no green light for me. I look on Comcasts site and sure enough they do block ports, but not sure if any of those are actually being used by Zodiac.

Zodia tech support stumped and Installer stumped because this is too low level networking for him. Definitely not a hardware problem though since recall it connects to zodiac servers perfectly fine when i bypass my ISP.

I may have to bust out my old Verizon DSL router just to use my IAqualink. Really???

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.