IAquaLink 2.0 connection problem...connects to network but not web

linzi618

May 11, 2017
Pflugerville, TX
Hi forum, so I recently switched my wireless router to an Eero 5 Pro mesh system. I hadn’t noticed issues recently before the switch, but after switching I cannot get my IAquaLink 2.0 to connect to the web. I have no issues with it connecting to the mesh WiFi...it shows up on my network with full wifi signal strength. However, I cannot achieve the green light at my antenna box out by my pool equipment....I just get the yellow light. Google and Reddit searches so far are only turning up problems that users had actually connecting to the wifi network which isn’t my issue. I just can’t get a web connection and therefore the status is red in my IAquaLink app and I can’t remote control my pool equipment. Has anyone else encountered this problem and have advice on how to get this fixed?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40

From Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

iAqualink Working with Mesh Routers​

Problems have been reported with iAqualink connecting to mesh routers like Eero.Ways to get a stable WIFi connection include assigning a fixed IP address to iAqualink, unplugging "extension" units (nodes) and setting the router to only broadcast 2.4 GHz. After the eero is "simplified" to a single node broadcasting on a single frequency - follow the normal reset procedures )turning the switch from Wired to Wireless and going into the network on a iphone and setting up the iAquaLink connection).[10]

Eero support's comment are that iAquaLink was seeing too many connections with the same ID (because of how the mesh works) and getting confused. By using only one node the iAquaLink only saw one connection on each network. Use the Guest network to keep an unsecured device off the main network.

Some people have found the easiest fix is to install a simple WiFi router or access point operating at 2.4Ghz to use for the iAqualink connection.

linzi618

May 11, 2017
Pflugerville, TX
Thank you. The problem I am having isn’t with getting connected to my WiFi network, per se, because the IAquaLink is showing up on my eero app perfectly with full bars. It’s getting it to connect then to the internet itself. Perhaps I’m interpreting my problem incorrectly. I’ve read the same info you’ve given me as well as suggestions to set up a guest network to work around if you have eero secure enabled (which I do not). The pic I’ve attached is showing that my iaqualink controller is solidly connected to my mesh network. It’s just not making that next step of getting an actual internet connection. Perhaps my network admin comprehension is lacking....

From Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

iAqualink Working with Mesh Routers​

Problems have been reported with iAqualink connecting to mesh routers like Eero.Ways to get a stable WIFi connection include assigning a fixed IP address to iAqualink, unplugging "extension" units (nodes) and setting the router to only broadcast 2.4 GHz. After the eero is "simplified" to a single node broadcasting on a single frequency - follow the normal reset procedures )turning the switch from Wired to Wireless and going into the network on a iphone and setting up the iAquaLink connection).[10]

Eero support's comment are that iAquaLink was seeing too many connections with the same ID (because of how the mesh works) and getting confused. By using only one node the iAquaLink only saw one connection on each network. Use the Guest network to keep an unsecured device off the main network.

Some people have found the easiest fix is to install a simple WiFi router or access point operating at 2.4Ghz to use for the iAqualink connection.

Attachments

• F2A67B70-25C3-4517-B6DA-CFBDEF06A845.jpeg
    F2A67B70-25C3-4517-B6DA-CFBDEF06A845.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:

ScottHudson

May 9, 2020
Atlanta
Having the same issue myself. Yesterday it worked just fine, today not working at all. I’ve reset the entire thing, powered down from the unit completely and still can’t get it to connect. I also went to the iAquaLink web form and this is down, too.